
Monday, December 15, 2008. Jeff came over around 10pm. We were headed to the airport with balloons (red and green for christmas) and a poster. We were meeting my dad, and later my mom and little brother jake.
It was fun to be with Jeff on the way up. Our friendship has grown over the years, since i met him four or so years ago.
When we got to 2-15, i got a call from a number i didnt recognize. I dont usually answer those. I figure, if it's important, they'll call back or leave a message. Right?
They left a message.
But we were talking and driving so i didnt bother to get it. I didnt see the importance at 10 o'clock at night. But then the number called again. ? Usually i take this as a sign that it's an emergency but for some reason, i just blew it off.
We walked into the airport and met my dad. Jeff looked so (i'm trying to think of the right word but 'cute' is the only one that comes to mind) cute holding all those balloons. I decided this might be a good time to check my voicemail, since we were just waiting.
It was Jessica. Her plane was late leaving JFK, so when she got to Arizona, her plane had already left. (this sounds SO familiar. This happened when i went to new york a couple years ago, and we ended up being stranded in Chicago.) Anyway, She let us know that she was staying at the Siesta inn, in Arizona and wouldnt be coming home until tomorrow.
:( And there we all stood with signs saying "WELCOME HOME AIRMAN PETERSON" and a bunch of balloons.
On the way home, Jess called me again, from another random number, but i answered because i recongized the area code as from Arizona. (480) She made a joke about it, which was funny. She said, "this has been a horrible day. I took a car to a train, a train to the subway, the subway to a bus, bus to a plane, plane to a mini-van, and mini-van to the siesta inn." It was so funny how she said it. It made me laugh.
We got home around midnight, without Jessica. But it was ok. She was still coming tomorrow.
And now, she's here! I forgot how we can be so silly together and laugh so much. I'm glad she's here. :)
2 comments:
welcome home, jess.
yes, you two do seem to enjoy one another's company. : )
thank you! :)
Post a Comment