I got some cool star lights like these last christmas. A black and a white one. Anyone who knows me knows how much i love stars. So this was a thoughtful gift and i really loved them.I finally put them up today. I feel bad it took me so long, because, now that they're up, i love looking at them.
Like i said earlier, i love stars. I love the shape, and i also love real stars in the sky. The best ones i've ever seen were in Idaho, because it's so dark out there. Also, when driving back from St George a couple months ago, there also were alot of great stars. There were specifically four bright stars, sorta in a diamond shape. I had never seen them before and there's no way i could've missed them, because they were so bright. I was worried about getting in a wreck because i couldn't stop looking at them.
The stars are just lining up against me lately though. I mean, they do that from time to time. They do for everyone i guess. Usually it happens for me in the fall, but man, i can't find ANYTHING i'm looking for lately. (ha ha)
For example, I have been looking for a skirt for my grandma to go to church. (i don't think she's been to church in years...) Now, all my life, i've seen "grandma" clothes at EVERY clothing store i've ever been to, so i didn't think that this would be so difficult. But seriously, i've looked EVERYWHERE and all they have are pant suits and short little dresses that you wear with leggings. (neither of which, will work for this purpose)
Speaking of LEGGINGS! That's the other thing i cannot find. They're everywhere right? They have every color and pattern known to man. But now, i want to find navy blue ones, and they don't exist. HOW is this possible? How do they have gum drop purple and Forest green, and stripes of EVERY variety, but not navy blue? I don't get it.
and if you're looking for stationary, GOOD LUCK, because, it's almost extinct. (Another thing on my grandma's list. I even went to Roberts...)
The list goes on. Some other things i've had a hard time finding were squirt bottles you put cleaner in and rice crispies in a bag. (cause they're cheaper than the name brand in the box) Really. It's so weird. I'll need something and go to the store not worrying about if they have it because, it's common and they've got to have it, right?
WRONG. :)
4 comments:
Nice blog.
I like. Thanks for the e-mail.
(Though it was very bizarre to see Gufstason on your blog. I forget that you two know each other.)
Those stars are G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S and I'm trying hard not to covet them. (Okay, I'm only trying a little bit. *covet covet covet*)
And I know what you mean about trying to find stuff. You know Maddie's lamp that I decorated with colored tissue paper? I triple-dog-dare you to find purple (not lavender!) tissue paper in any regular store on the planet. I just dare you. (I finally found some in a giant multi-pack of about 20 colors but I had to spend like $7.00 on it.)
Liz
Yeah...I can never find the leggings that I want...Man!
navy blue leggings: http://www.foottraffic.com/subcat33-0.html
stationary: http://www.thestationerystudio.com/stationery.cfm
maybe try Christopher & Banks, Kohl's or Eddie Bauer for your Grandma's skirt.
Hope that helps!
Post a Comment