Monday, December 29, 2008
New year; New beginning
Normally, i'm not a big fan of new years... It's only cool if you drink or have someone to kiss at midnight. (someone worth kissing anyway... :) So, for MOST of my life, i've kinda dreaded it coming around... (for lack of a better way to put it) But this year, I got a little excited when the representative from the stake was speaking. At church yesterday, our speaker talked about New Years and how excited we should be because, we can make a new beginning. I thought to myself, he is RIGHT. (for some reason i have forgotten about this. I have made alot of "new beginnings" these past few years. it has been so good. I have really changed alot, for the better, and all thanks to the possibility of NEW BEGINNINGS.) He talked about resolutions and actually said they were kinda stupid, because no one ever really keeps them. If you think about it, he's right on that too. (I've never actually made "resolutions" before, with the exception of two years ago, in which, i did keep it.) But, he talked more about making new beginnings and starting over. I'm so grateful for the Atonement, which has made this possible. We can choose to change our lives for the better. It IS possible. How wonderful. I'm excited for a new beginning, and to see where this year leads.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Me too. I think we're in the same boat on a lot of things. That means we should hang out more.
Post a Comment