Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Priesthood Blessing

So, i wrote out a whole blog about this and it mysteriously disappeared. While it is frustrating, it just makes me think, satan must not want me to post this... And that's why i'm back on here to re-write it. :)


I wasnt going to post, because i'm already done so today, but I promised that every chance i got, i would bear my testimony about how much Heavenly Father loves us. And, i truly felt it today.


Today, my faith was faltering like the waves of the sea. And in my despair (i know this sounds dramatic, but, i'm an emotional person and this is how it felt. ha) i remember thinking, "i wish i had home teachers, because i am in desperate need of a blessing." (and i NEVER ask for blessings) And later that night, i received a phone call...


My home teacher, (who is SO much like Jack Black.) whom i'm never met before, gave me a lesson and a blessing that i so desperately needed. I cried so much during it all. It was everything i needed to hear. I am so thankful that he followed the prompting to call me today, when i needed it most.


I testify again, of how truly aware Heavenly Father is of our situations, our heartaches and our inner most feelings and desires. If he were not aware, he would not have known that i was in such dire need of his love today. And he would not have known to prompt a young man, whom i've never met, to contact me and give me a lesson, that would fill all the empty spaces in my heart. Heavenly Father loves us so much, individually. I dont know how, but i do know that it is possible, because i have felt it. I mean, who am i? And he loves me this much. I am thankful that he tells me so often, because, how easily i forget.


I know he loves you too.

2 comments:

--jeff * said...

thank you for sharing. that's a wonderful story.

Krif said...

Love the post! I don't know what I would do without the Priesthood in my life.