Okay... It wasn't the BEST date ever, but it was pretty fun. My date? Shayla Matthews. :)I got a couple free tickets to a concert at Temple Square from my home teacher. It was to see a Symphonic Choir. (?) The best word i can think of to describe it is, ecclectic. Although they were all christmas songs, they were all VERY different and random. But, it was a good time to be there.
One thing i realized that i didnt know before was, I LOVE THE HARP. I remember seeing it up on stage and got all excited. When it played during the performance, it was so beautiful. I also really liked when the trombone and french horn played. All these things, i did not know i liked. But now i do. :)
Afterward, we walked through Temple Square to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I love Temple Square at christmas time. I love to see the lights. I have alot of memories of going with many different people. I couldnt believe how many people were there and it's not even December yet. (Holy cow... It's almost DECEMBER. Another year has gone by. I can't believe it.)We met her friend Jessica inside the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I always forget what a beautiful building it is. I could just sit and look for hours. This is a picture of Shayla and i by the tree in the foyer. It was so beautiful. (my phone doesnt take high quality photos...)
We walked back through Temple Square, taking some photos on the way and then stopped at the car to drop off our things. Then on to Crown Burger we went. Good times.
We had such a good time talking and laughing. I think i almost forgot what it was like. It was so good. I've missed it. I am so glad that Shayla agreed to be my date and that we could have such a good time with Jessica. I acutally found out, from her, that i was famous. The story of my tragic fall from our balcony at Centennial apartments has been passed on, and added to, i guess. (apparently i was in a coma and/or died, or something. HA!) Jessica said, "YOU are the one who fell!?! I heard about you from my home teachers." (all people whom i've never met.) Weird to find things like this out. That people know about you without even knowing you. Ha ha.

Well, here we go DECEMBER.


These pictures, courtesy of Shayla's camera.
5 comments:
Yes, The Funnest Date EVER!! Thanks again. I really enjoyed all the fun songs and guessing what the next song was going to be like. Good times. Lets do it again SOON!
hooray for discovering you like a new musical instrument!
and for a phone that doesn't like high quality pictures, those look pretty good.
glad you had, as jack would say, and awesomedate. hope it carries throughout december. ; )
I went to the Vernal temple last week and thought of you and your temple escapades. Do you like being famous? I fainted once in high school choir and people were saying that I had a seizure, and my old English teacher was reminding her students to not lock their knees while giving speeches, or else they would faint like me...
I heard you "kicked the bucket!" Guess it's not true..
Yeah, I found you! You are the girl who fell? You are famous Jaime, and don't forget it!
Post a Comment