Saturday, November 22, 2008

Las Vegas Temple

I went to the Las Vegas Temple today.
First I want to start by saying, Heavenly Father loves us, so very much. I know that.
As i left my hotel in St. George, for Las Vegas, my heart was a little low. So i popped in General Conference from last October and just decided to listen to the first CD. (did you know you can buy these CD's for less than $10!? I had no idea... it's WONDERFUL) A talk came on, that helped me back then, and filled my heart again today.
I know Heavenly Father is aware of our circumstances and our feelings and is always there to comfort us when in need. Because, he did comfort me today, when i was by myself, in the middle of a desert. (literally and figureatively)
When i got to North Las Vegas, i got off the freeway, and to be honest, it was a little scary. Ha ha. I remember thinking, if my car broke down RIGHT NOW, I'm not sure i could hold my own right here... So i was in a hurry to get through town. Once i got closer to the Temple, the houses did get nicer. ALOT nicer.
The Temple is against the mountain there in Las Vegas. This is not a beautiful mountain, like the mountains in Utah. But a sad, lonely, desert mountain. And in the middle of this desert, was an oasis: The Temple.
It was SO MAGNIFICENT. I rarely use such a word, but it is the only word that could closely describe what i felt when i first saw it. I had no idea what to expect, and it blew, me, away. It was HUGE! and so beautiful. Inside, was even more. The celestial room was, probably the biggest i've ever been in, and so beautiful. All i could think while i was in there was, this just may be the prettiest temple i've ever been in.
The love i felt earlier on my drive to the temple, only intensified as i was there. I am so glad for the opportunity to go. This has been quite the adventure.

3 comments:

Jekakah said...

I never got to see that temple.. what part of vegas is it in? what is that black dot in the sky?

Jaime said...

the temple is in north las vegas. it's pretty far from the down town strip.

the black dot, must be a UFO... ha. jk. it's actually something in my camera. if you'll notice, it's in most of my pictures... i need to clean it, and have tried, but alas, the dot is still there...

--jeff * said...

you've certainly got the experience to suggest it being the biggest celestial room.