First, I got up and went to the Bountiful Temple around noon. I didnt think it was going to be anything out of the ordinary, because it is very similar to the Mount Timpanogos Temple, but boy was i in for a surprise! it was BEAUTIFUL! As you all may know, it's located up on the hill. WHAT-A-VIEW! You can see the entire valley. It's amazing. Words cannot describe. You will just have to go up there yourself and see what i'm talking about. And while it does bear a resemblence to the Mount Timpanogos Temple, they are decorated differently on the outside and in. I loved it.
Afterward, i treated myself to a chicken bowl from teriyaki stix as i headed up to Ogden. Really, i didnt know how far away Ogden was. Heh. I must just zone out or something when i drive because i always seem to zone out how far away things are. Ha ha. I must say, i've never been over here either
. I have been through Ogden canyon, but not really to the city. This temple was in the middle of the city. When i first saw it from the road, i recognized it immediately because it is identical to the Provo Temple, on the outside. But, i was a little bothered, because there was another steeple in the skyline as well. I thought, what a tragedy that someone built something to compete in the skyline with the temple. It was very different from the temple too. Sort of modern looking. I thought, it must be one of those RLDS temples. (ha!) But as i got closer, i realized, it's the visitors center! Oh my gosh... we did this... ? why... WHY...? Oh well.
It was beautiful as well. I hurried to park, and take my picture before i headed inside. It was going to be a close squeeze to make it into the next session and i didnt want to have to wait an entire half hour in the chapel...
When i got inside, it was a different experience than all the other temples i'd been to, ever before really. It was mostly couples; old couples. Usually when i've gone, the amount of women usually doubles if not triples the men, and usually only one or two couples are there. But there were about 7 sets of couples and a couple of us singles on both sides. It was amazing to me, really. I know it may not seem like a big deal. I just hope that when i get married someday, we will go to the temple together often, and continue that when we are old and retired.
One interesting thing was, the person i was proxy for in both temples was named Mary and both were born in the 1870's; One in West Virginia and one in England.
When i came out, the sun was setting and left a beautiful red color to rest upon the temple. It was beautiful. As i drove home, i talked with my friend Becky about a new job she had gotten and then met up with some girls from my old singles ward for dinner at the Pizza Factory. It was a good day off.
Next weeks' Temples: St George and Las Vegas. I am SO excited!
4 comments:
i've really only been to the bountiful temple to see roommates get sealed, and i like your thoughts on the ogden temple.
i think i'm as eager for you temple travels as you are. keep writing.
I'm really impressed with your adventures, but you're NOT supposed to visit St. George until I move there mid december! Ahhhhhh. . . what are we going to do about this? (sigh) I guess you'll have to come visit another time.
I wish I could come with you.
-jess
I am so proud of you for not giving up on this adventure you have! You are awesome! Plus I really like my weekly temple updates. :)
Post a Comment