Every year, i kinda get excited about the holidays, but then as Halloween gets closer, i think, what is there to do on Halloween? I'm not a kid, i dont have my own kids, i DONT like dances and i dont drink alcohol, so really, WHAT is there to do? So then my scrooge-ness comes out and smothers the Halloween spirit. But, right before the holiday hits, i get all this excitement and think, i HAVE to dress up! it would be lame not to... And, so this year, i was a pirate :) I did have alot of people ask me what i was. I thought the hair would give it away, since it's sorta like Captain Jack Sparrows, but... oh well.
Since i was going to a party at the Croasmun's on the 30th, i dressed up at work a day early. So that i wouldnt be the only one in the store dressed up, Stacey kindly dressed as a Playboy bunny. Ha! What a good sport!
I went to lunch with "The Lunch Club", as we call ourselves. I chose Purple Turlte, cause i thought it might be fun, and we havent been there together. As i sat waiting for everyone to show up, Lindsay came, and sat at the table next to me, because she didnt recognize me with my costume. As each member came, they didnt recognize me either. I didnt think i looked THAT different, but, even Dr. Bean (the doctor i work for at Walmart) didnt recognize who i was. He thought maybe i was someone from corporate. Ha! This is one thing that's fun about Halloween. You get to be someone else for a day. What's more fun than that?
After work, i drove up to Salt Lake and picked up Becky, or should i say, Hermione. Her costume was so cute! We got to the Croasmun's a little early, which i felt a little bad for, but it gave us more time to play with their cute kids, Kaylee, Matthew and Lizzie. Thay have such a cute family. Every time i go there, i am filled with envy. I am so happy that they have such a great family, and that they would share their home with us for this festive holiday!
We started out with dinner and just chatted about things, and politics, oddly enough. Ha ha. I have never met Micah and Mark's little Jackson. He sure was the cutest thing ever! So curious. And SO MANY questions! :)
Then we carved pumpkins, which was pretty fun. We just drew on the faces, which i have never really done before. My whole life, we've carved our pumpkins from patterns. My dad was really big into having the most amazing pumpkins ever. So that was really fun! The drive home was long, mostly because i had been wearing contacts ALL DAY, which i am not used to. But it was a small sacrafice to the Halloween gods. It was a good time!
The next night, the REAL Halloween, I went up to the Cook's. They LOVE Halloween, so it's exciting just to be around them for it. They get all into it with decorations. Then on the day, they make all sorts of festive foods and invite everyone over. I have always appreciated their hospitality. They are the most giving people i've ever met!
Anyway, Becky and i put together little glow sticks to give to the trick-or-treaters, while we watched BeetleJuice. I'm not sure why, but i like to watch that movie once in a while. It was really fun just to be there with everyone. I haven't felt this excited in a while. The kids got back and spread their candy out, while the rest of us ate soup and all sorts of goodies that Tricia had made. It was so fun! They have always made me feel so welcome, like part of the family, for which i will be eternally grateful.
I left around 8pm and headed down to Highland to watch a scary movie with my friend Katie and her husband Dave. We watched "The Skeleton Key". I had seen it before so it wasnt so scary to me but it was fun and festive to watch a scary movie for the holiday.
And now, i'm trying to finish up "Breaking Dawn" which i guess goes along with Halloween since it is about vampires. I read the first two books in a week, the third in 3 days but this last one is taking me a little longer. I'm trying to be more productive with my life than just reading a fiction book with all my spare time. But i do enjoy reading it when i have a moment.
So, overall, it was a really good Halloween!

4 comments:
i was posting a comment on you "i delight" post and when i came back to the main page, i had jaime the pirate wench snarling at me!
it was a bit of a shock.
i wouldn't've recognized you either, i don't think. that really doesn't look like you. excellent work. : )
I wouldn't have recognized you either--you look so different without the red hair and freckles! (I like you better the normal jaime way)
YOu look great! I am sad I didn't see you in person.
Jaime, I totally recognized you - and I have it from a good source that the Croasmuns really like having you come up. Too bad it doesn't happen more often. Thanks for coming up though, I know it's a long ways away, but it's great to see you guys. Becky's still a cool cat too isn't she!
Post a Comment