Dear, Single, LDS boys of America,
Please get your crap together.
What does this mean? Let me expound.
Please get your crap together, so that when hot, righteous, LDS LADIES come into your life, they don't have to hear the follwing:
- Do you mind waiting while i take care of some "things" with my bishop? I didn't realize "you" were going to come into my life and i just didn't think it important to take care of these things earlier. But now that "YOU" are here... please wait?
Dear Procrasti-repenter,
first of all, **blink**
second, WHAT makes you think i want to wait around? My UTERUS is DRYING-UP here. I don't have time to wait and "see" if you can get things taken care of. Why oh WHY didn't you take care of these things beforehand?
:( !!
We could be co-stars in our own celestial movie of happiness, but NoooOOOooo. You've gotta take care of previous trangressions. Double :(
Clear things up and keep them clear! You never know when Miss-hot-and-wonderful is going to come into your life.
- Oh. (insert fast-food or useless, suppose-to-be-temportary-job but is becoming permanent)? Yeah. It's an alright job. It makes pretty good money. The future? Oh i dunno what i want to do with my life yet. I DO want to get married...
Dear temp-wonder,
Yes. I am concerned that you have NO PLANS for "the future". Sure, it's a good part time job while in school or for the summer or even inbetween ideas, but you don't expect me to raise five children on ten dollars an hour do you? Not that i'm greedy for money or anything, but really? An IDIOT can put donuts in a box! The MORE concerning thing is, you have been home from your mission for YEARS and STILL nothing in the works? !!
If you want this "future" to include me and our future-offspring, MAKE, A, PLAN! I don't care if the plan changes a MILLION times or even is some relatively low-paying-but-honorable job like a teacher, it's still a PLAN!
- You're so awesome cause you have a great testimony, and the gospel is so important to you, and you go to church, and go to the temple often. I'm looking for that in a wife. Me? Yeah... Those things are "important"... (i hope she can't read minds. I dont want her to know that i haven't been to the temple in a REALLY long time. I can't even remember when the last time was.. I actually think my recommend is expired... Shhh!)
Dear hope-less dreamer,
I am glad to hear those things are important to you. But clearly, they aren't. Because if they were, you would actually be doing them. It's great that you want those qualities in a wife. But what makes you think (ESPECIALLY cause SHE'S doing all these things) that she DOESN'T want those same qualities in HER companion?
Ohhhh! (*ding!*)
Yes. YOU, must be your own list. All those qualities you expect your future wife to have, YOU must have also. BE what you want. THAT'S when you are ready to date and get married. If those things that are "important" to you are still on the back burner, YOU'LL stay on the marriage-back burner, until you get your crap together.
*blink*
Thank you for listening.
10 comments:
Well said. You're allowed to vent.
blink blink
i laughed, i cried, i laughed again.
-jess
BRAVO!!!! Well said!!!
It's so true, I think you just described like half if not more of the men in Orem and Provo. They want their wives to be perfect and then they are just not willing to be the same type of person. They want a Great and "perfect" (in looks, smarts, and spirituality) woman to be willing to put up with and deal with all of their crap and unwillingness to fully commit to the lord and do what is right. Anyway I know boys like that and I am so tempted to slap them across the face and say "Yeah, that's why you're still single, and I feel sorry for any woman who has to put up with you."
P.S.Please excuse how blunt I am, but being pregnant I tend to blurt out exactly what I think. And my ability to sugar coat anything is gone.
i don't know why all the looooosers think they have a shot with you!! i thought the part about your uterus drying up was hilarious! it will be an awesome day when you call me up and say "Guess what?! Me and my awesome (and hot) hubby are having a BABY!". Can't wait!
Dear Miss Vunderful,
There is a perfectly eligible, worthy, temple recommend holder, whom will be starting graduate school in August, with TREMENDOUS earnings potential, that has been FAITHFULLY pursuing yous! Open your eyes and see blind woman!
Love,
Your guardian angel.
Well Jaime, unfortunately a lot of what you said is true. However, on the flip side... what you are seeing is only half. Dont get me wrong.. half is WAY too many and it shouldnt be like that. Like I have told you before, dont ever settle for anything less than what you are worth. And thankfully, it sounds like you arent. Chin up and continue to keep you life in order and you will be blessed. I hope you told these young men how you felt--because they should know that when you are disobedient to the commandments of God they miss out on tremendous blessings. Again, have faith. Not all guys are what you described.
I am laughing is that ok :0)?
Send me your email address I'd love to invite you to my awesome (not as entertaining as yours!) blog! alisongeake at msn.com *if you feel like it :0)*
Post a Comment