Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Seven years ago today, i received my endowment in the Mount Timpanogos Temple. I picked this day cause it was the same day i was sealed to my parent's in the Provo Temple, twenty-one years before. I even wore the same dress my mom wore when she was endowed and sealed to our family. I thought it would be really special.

I still remember that day. My parents couldn't come but the Lord still took care of me with a lot of support from friends. My aunt and uncle even stopped in on their drive to Montana (driving all night from California to make it there to be with me). It was really nice of all of them and i felt loved.
My best friend was on her mission at the time, so her sister was my escort. It was wonderful.

I have learned that you can't get a love for the temple without spending time there (how could you?). As i've been going every week the past couple of years, i have come to learn about the importance of temples and seen just how much God truly loves us by providing them and a plan for our happiness. I am so grateful for the Temple and the opportunity to learn and serve there.
This is Marie and I outside the Boston Temple. We just finished initiatory when we took this. I tried to get the whole temple in but... it was pretty much impossible.

3 comments:

The Former 786 said...

I'm happy to see you're enjoying yourself. . .and yet I'm jealous.

Conflict!

Anonymous said...

Jamie! Ok I see you once in awhile at WalMart, I should say Hi but you are usually busy :0) I found your blog on Michah's I hope you done mind me stopping by! Ok I have to have you ask Marie if she knows Mike Panton!!! This Marie in your blog looks just like a Marie that dated my brother! Email alisongeake(at)msn.com We are going to Boston in August you'll have to give us tips on what to see! I LOVE your blog you are SO intersting and you write amazing! Take care! *Alison Panton Geake* p.s. have you heard anything from Micah from her birth? I've been trying to reach her.

Jon said...

love it. Very, very cool. That's where Krif and I were married and sealed and where she took her endowments as well.