Sunday, March 29, 2009

Stroke of bad luck

I haven't had a ticket for almost SIX YEARS and i managed to get TWO this month.
i know, right!?
The first one was after a church activity. A van was in front of me and we both came to a stop sign. After they went, i thought to myself, i can stop and wait for this other car coming up the road to pass, before i turn, OR i can just hurry and turn (after a "california stop") before they get any closer... i opted for number two, and that car just happened to be a cop. (Oops!) but before i got pulled over, the van in front of me decided they were going to go FIFTEEN the whole way up the hill. Because of my AMAZING skills of patience, i rode his bumper. I do it to be like, "HELLO! there ARE other people out on the road. it's not JUST YOU..." but this time, i guess it wasn't a good idea... Ha.
Depsite my bad luck in getting pulled over, i did get out of one ticket. I got a ticket for driving too close to the car in front of me, and just a warning for not COMPLETELY stopping at the stop sign.
I know what you're thinking: SO LUCKY that you got out of one, right?
THEN, a couple days ago, i was on my way home from the gym. i passed a cop on the way down the hill and thought, GOOD THING I SAW HIM. Whew. But little did i know that he would pull me over just moments later.
I really had no idea why he pulled me over. I know i have a tendency to speed, but actually, i usually try to keep it down in residential areas.. (the freeway is another story) but, he said i was going 39 in a 25.
Huh.
I also did not have my license because i had just finished working out. BUT, he was so nice to just give me a warning for that, and lower my ticket to a 34 in a 25 instead of the actual 39.
How kind.
Unlike all boys think, i never cry or try to flirt my way out of tickets, cause, i do feel like i deserve them. Most people try to lie or come up with some justification of why they were breaking the law and why it was ok. i usually think, OKAY... it's MY fault. it's not honest to try and weasel out of the consequences. . Bah. Trying to be honest sucks sometimes... Ha.
So, that's TWO tickets in three WEEKS. I'm doing AWESOME. :)

3 comments:

--jeff * said...

i've never heard of a cop buying someone's excuse of why they shouldn't have been pulled over (or worse, their arguing of it), but i have heard numerous times of officers relaxing (or letting go altogether) the fines because the person was polite and non-confrontational.
way to make the best of a lame situation.

Jaime said...

you dont see people trying to get out of tickets? REALLY?! i always see it. and being polite and nonconfrontational has NEVER worked for me. :)

Z said...

Last time I got pulled over the cop said he didn't enjoy giving tickets and I started laughing. Hysterically. And not a quiet little chuckle but my normal super inappropriate loud laugh. He got REALLY mad!