
This,
is my eye.
Notice anything abnormal about it?
How about that pink bump on the white part?
Yeah,
i noticed that too.
My first thought was, I HAVE CANCER! (Ha. I dont know why that's always our first thought when we find something weird, but, that's what i thought.)
LUCKILY, i work for an eye doctor and he looked at it for free. TURNS OUT, it's just a "pinguicula". (pronounced PEN-GWI-Q-LA) Caused from sunlight. A.K.A. not wearing sunglasses with UV protection. (SEE! It IS important) It's not life threatening nor will cause any problems with sight. It CAN grow, and eventually cover the cornea (thus affecting sight) BUT, my doctor said that usually only happens if it ran in my family. (which for me, it does not) And the only way to get rid of it is to have it SURGICALLY REMOVED.
Man, can i catch a break with the minor surgeries?
Ha. No. It's really not a worry. I've never even had anyone notice it. It's just noticable to me and more so when i wear contacts because the contact rubs against it. but other than that... I'll just have to live with it. I'm vain, but i just don't know if i'm THAT vain enough to get surgery...
Okay. So maybe I am.
1 comment:
GAH!
I have a thing about things near my (or other people's) eyes (if that makes sense). So this post made my eyes wince and water.
I hope it all goes well, though.
Post a Comment