Monday, August 10, 2009

Disneyland Trip: Day 1

I flew into LA and got there in the morning. When i bought my plane ticket from Expedia, they had an offer where you could get a shuttle from the airport for only $15. Since i didn't have a ride, i thought, PERFECT! So after i landed, some random strangers and i all piled in a blue van. (we were literally like sardines)

I got to the hotel around noon and asked when the soonest i could check in was. They said there weren't any rooms available and asked when the rest of my party was coming. I said "6 or 7pm...", with a big smile afterward. They were super nice and let me check in early anyway.

I had QUITE a bit of time to kill, so i walked over to Downtown Disney and got something to eat. While i was walking around, the fire alarm went off in half the stores and they started evacuating half of the buildings. ??? I guess the Great Californian Hotel (a disney hotel) was on fire. You could see the smoke coming from one of the rooms. Kinda weird.. But they put it out relatively quickly. Thank you city firemen for saving Disneyland!

I was super tired so i went back to the hotel to take a nap until my family arrived. They were supposed to be there around 6 or 7. I had 3 or 4 more hours to kill. I remember texting my sister-in-law and asking how much longer they'd be to which she replied that they were only 25 miles away. YEA! An hour later, i asked, "are you here YET?" They were now only 15 miles away.

???

Because of traffic, they had only moved 10 miles in an hour. HA! crazy. They FINALLY got to the hotel around 8pm.

We bought shuttle tickets to Disneyland and went over to buy our park tickets. CAN YOU BELIEVE that a one-day park-hopper pass is $97, PER, PERSON!? ($87 for just one park) I can't even believe that. LUCKILY, my brother got us a sweet deal through the NAVY and got us 3-day park hopper passes for only $90. (SHEESH! and i thought THAT was alot of money!)

We went inside to have dinner inside Disneyland. (cause we thought it'd be cooler) I got 3 chili cheese dogs (for me, my mom and my little bro) and 3 drinks..

$30!!

And these were like, 2 for $1 packages of hot dogs from Albertons or something. Definately not $7 quality. Ha ha!

After we ate our SUPER EXPENSIVE chili dogs, my mom, jason (my older brother) and missy (my sister-in-law) wanted to just sit watch the fireworks and go shopping, but jake and i wanted to ride some rides. So we split up and decided to meet back up at midnight.

Jake was really excited about Space Mountain so we went and waited in line, for, an, HOUR! It was okay though. You've got to expect lines and ridiculously expensive food when you go to these places, right?

This is a picture of jake and i waiting in line. We're the two red heads in the family.

Anyway, the ride was awesome! after we got off, we noticed that alot of the people had left the park. (cause all the fireworks were over.) We were like, SWEET! smaller lines! So we hurried and went on the Matterhorn and Splash Mountain. (cause it's my favorite) By then, it was about time to meet up with everyone.

Even though we were only there a few hours, it was TOTALLY worth it! i LOVE Disneyland!



4 comments:

World of Wife Craft said...

Who's the one traveling everywhere? I love Disneyland!!!! It looked like a blast.

Joel said...

And now I have to join the Navy so I can get that kind of a discount when I go.

Oh, and I usually just smuggle in my chili dogs in my pockets - it works sometimes.

Krif said...

These photos made me excited to go to Disneyland. We will be going in November. Love ya, Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

hey jaime its me kristen got you blog from micahs. anyway you now make me want to go to disneyland sooner.