Another day off, another temple. Yea!
I was actually planning on going down to the Manti Temple this week, because i've never been through it. This was the second time i'd planned to go to it, but something else keeps coming up. This week, at church, they asked if anyone could do sealings on wednesday at the Timpanogos Temple. I usually have fridays off, but luckily had wednesday off this week and thought, WHAT a coinsedence! Maybe i should do sealings instead.
and so i did. :)
I have only done sealings one other time, and it was when i was very first endowed, so almost 5 years ago. (I cant believe it's been that long!) And i remember it being special last time, i've just never made it back up there to do them. So i am glad to have had this chance to do sealings again.
I was there with three other couples i had never met. So they all took turns being sealed as couples, and then i would get my turn to be sealed as a child. The very first one we did, i teared up and almost started crying. It just made me think about how much God loves us. He is so just and fair that he would provide these ordinances to everyone, whether they got the chance to hear about Jesus Christ or not. I thought about how some people might look at going to the temple and think we think we're better than everyone else. That we are some how more righteous and elite, because we can go inside the temple. But, what do we do here? We do work, for other people. We do the ordinances for other people, so they can have the same blessings that we have received. What a wonderful blessing the temple is! What a wonderful plan of happiness!
After we did sealings for an hour, i headed over and hung out with Katie and Jett again. We ate Rumbi, because i have the Mountain View High School discount card, where you can get a meal for buy one get one free. It was pretty sweet. We just stayed at chatted at her husband's family's house in Highland for a couple hours. She showed me his family's plans for their summer home in St. George. I couldnt believe it. It's going to have a pool, a basketball court, and even a place to tee off. Some people, are just so lucky!
Now i'm going to mail a few things off at the post office, including a halloween package to Jessica over in New Jersey. YEA! and then i plan to go to spin, at the rec center. Afterward, i'm going to get a hot chocolate with my friend Jeff. Seems like a pretty good day off, if you ask me. :)
4 comments:
I love all your temple pictures--what a great idea to go to a different temple each week. And I hope you get to go to Manti soon--it's very pretty inside (and out)!
my sister beat me to it: i like your temple pictures; they're simple, but still cool.
i enjoy your Gospel insights; you bring a new perspective to a lot of things--it's good to read.
i also like hot chocolate.
...and i haven't forgotten that tag thing.
You are amazing. Please lets hang out soon!
umm... thank you for the mail! :D i luff mail!
Post a Comment