Friday, October 10, 2008

Jordan River Temple


Yea! Another day off, and another opportunity to go to the temple. How lucky am i?
I decided that, with all the spare time i have now, i'm going to try and do something effective with it. I'm going to try and go to a different temple each week. Last week was the Provo Temple and this week, Jordan River.
I've never been to the Jordan River Temple before, and so i was really excited to get to go. It's always amazing to me, that each temple i go to is so different inside, yet, they have the same ordinances. It's the same with churches. Wherever you go, the LDS churches look different inside and are usually run a little differently, but, the programs are all the same. God doesnt change. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. But, we do. We are all different, and therefore run things a little differently, but, the programs, doctrines and ordinances are the same, no matter where you are in the world. Just one of those things that shows me that the church is true. The philosophies of man change. So where do you go for truth? We all come to this question at some time or another in our lives. I am so glad to know where to find it. God is the only true source.
After the temple, i went out to lunch with my friend Katie and her son Jett. I really like Katie alot. She got a smoothie at Roxbury and I got some food at Rumbi. (P.S. i LOVE Rumbi! Josh took me there when we were very first dating. It's actually when i started to really like josh. I even remember our conversation. He was telling me how important women are, because they can affect so many people. I had never heard this before, nor thought of it, and frankly, was surprised that this idea was coming from a man. But, it made me love him more, and made me really think and ponder the truth of what he was talking about. I've really come to know it is true. How can satan stop Heavenly Father's plan of salvation? Stop women. Blur the lines of gender and their roles, Encourage same sex relationships--which in turn limits families, Discourage child bearing for any reason, harden their hearts toward their fellow men, and the list goes on. Truly, it's just like President Hinckley said, if you save a girl, you save generations.)
Anyway, it was nice to just go and be with a friend, and eat and chat. I need to do it more often. Maybe i can go to lunch with someone every friday, just like i'm going to the temple every friday. That's an idea! :)

1 comment:

The Bahrs said...

WOOT! I'm in your blog! Ha ha! I'm jealous you get to go to the temple so often. You will be blessed so much for it! And PS I'm always down for a smoothie at Rox, yes thats ROXberry! :)