Today was my day off, and it was DESPERATELY needed! Ha. Seriously, all week i would say to myself, "Just make it til friday. You can go to the temple. Everything will be o, kay."
The drive was nice. It took me about an hour and a half to make it from Orem to the temple. My friend Becky called on the way down. It was so good to talk to her. She is a great friend.
(i actually like this second picture of me a little better, minus the fly-aways at the top. but, alas, only half the temple is visible.)
Anyway, the temple was AMAZING!! I've been having all these things going on, and it's really weighed me down. But as soon as i stepped inside the temple, that all went away. It was like, "you dont need to worry about those things here." I was so thankful for that.
I noticed there werent alot of people coming to do sessions, but there were quite alot of people that actually worked there. All these cute little old people that were so kind. I hope some day, i can be one of them. And get to work at the temple everyday, and point people in the right direction. (This temple was a MAZE inside. Every where i went, i was so confused. It's a good thing they literally have someone on EVERY corner, because, i needed them!
This temple was so beautiful inside! I love, love, LOVE old buildings. It's one reason i really like the Salt Lake Temple. It's all old fashioned and classic inside. This temple was just the same. Plus, it's old school and has "live" sessions, so you get to go to different rooms, instead of staying in one. Can i say, there were SO many stairs? But, i loved it. And, I LOVED the paintings in the telestial room!
I drove home, back through all the little cities, while eating my food. I once said i was a city girl, and really would like to live in the city. While that still may be true, i really like it down here. I think i could live down here and love it. Because, like i said earlier, i love old buildings and things.
And finally, their sign has summed up what i have been feeling recently with all this election anxiety going on. Obama or McCain? My vote goes to Wayne. John Wayne.
5 comments:
Jaime I think you're awesome!
Yea! You finally got to go to the Manti temple! You've only been talking about going for a month! Ha!
i'm fascinated that the manti temple is one of the oldest in the world, and the surrounding town is still so small with such a grand temple in the midst of it all. there's something special about that spot.
i'm really digging your temple travel logs and accompanying self-portraits. i look forward to more!
Well Jaimenator, that is pretty cool that you made it down to Manti. If you keep going at this rate, by the time you hit every temple west of Pennsylvania--the Philadelphia temple should be finally built and then you can come over here on your day off and chill with Megan, Cora and me.
Hey...next time you go let me know. We should do a temple trip...
Post a Comment