Good title eh? Keep reading. I'm still as single as they come.
Here's a few pictures from the this summer. It's mainly just two events: Father's day and Nicole's wedding. We'll start with Nicole's wedding because, those pictures are right here...
Nicole and Shayla were my roommates this summer. It was my first time meeting Nicole, though i had met her twin brother Mike, the year before. Between all her vacationing and working this summer, i rarely saw her but when i did see her, she was superb.
Nicole married Clint on August 13th in the Bountiful Temple. They met in a dating and courtship institute class. Man, maybe i should start going to institute again...
I wasn't trying... but i caught the bouquet, and Clint's twin brother caught the garter. He came up to me afterward and said, "Now, i don't know if this is a sign or what...". If he's half as awesome as Clint, i'd marry him. Too bad he lives in FLORIDA.
Next: My dad drove out here for Father's day this year. I haven't seen him for... i don't know how long. Since he left almost 2 years ago, i think i've seen him 3 times. So.. it was good to see him, even though it wasn't for very long.

He wanted us to meet him at the Scera park at 9am to go to the zoo, but i was speaking that day in my ward. I'm usually too nervous to focus and be cordial so i decided that it was better if i met up with them after church.
Funny story; my roommate Shayla was speaking with me as well. On our way to church she told me about her dream the night before. She said that we got to church and my name wasn't on the program and during the meeting, she went home to finish her talk, she came back to late to find me giving my talk in her
After church, i met up with my dad. We drove to the Timpanogos Temple and talked. Then we drove down to the Provo Temple and walked around. We had a funny conversation. He asked, "If you could go back in time and change ANYthing in your life, what would it be?". I thought about it for a while and gave him my answer. He said, "Jaime, i don't have a TIME MACHINE. I can't go back in time and change that." I said, "well, you didn't give me any stipulations. You just said 'ANYTHING'. I ASSUMED that meant ANYTHING. My bad. What do you THINK i want?" He said, "Don't you want to get married?"
blink.

I said, "Yes. I do want to get married. But i've learned over time, that i don't have entire control over that. That God has a plan for me, and as long as i'm doing what i'm supposed to, things will happen when they're supposed to. There's no sense in stressing over it. It's never done me any favors in the past. And, right now, i feel okay about not being married."
"So, you don't CARE about getting married?!"
"Like i just said, i do. But at the same time, i don't. It'll happen when it's supposed to. I'm not really worried about it right now."
"I'm going to give you a blessing that your special someone will come into your life this year. It's your time."

Ay. (rolling my eyes.) "ok..."
Anyway, apparently i'm getting married this year. Keep your eyes out for an invitation. :) Ha
(he means well..) It was good to see him.
My little brother Jake, 15, is getting so TALL! To give you an idea, my dad is 6'4". All the rest of us kids are about the same height, 5'11", but he's surpassed us and hasn't finished growing yet. When he was a baby, the doctor's predicted that he'd be 6'4". Next to him is my little brother Jon, 21 and his girlfriend Valerie. He apparently hasn't heard my rant about tall guys dating short girls, but, whatever..
4 comments:
i'm looking forward to some interesting posts in the coming year.
Yes, you had better keep me on the list! I want an invitation!! ;) I need to come see you soon!
When I got to my missionary "farewell" (even though they weren't called farewells anymore) my name wasn't on the program. I tried to argue that meant I didn't have to speak, but the bishop wouldn't have it. He made me get up anyways.
I'll let you know if I find him for you =]
Dude, if you actually do get married this year, you really need to link back to this post, and submit your story to the Ensign.
Post a Comment