Sunday, October 4, 2009

One down, three to go

Jessica has been in Afghanistan for a month now. Only three more to go until she's home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy ONE Month except I'm in Germany now.. :) I call you later tonight with the details.

--jeff * said...

hooray! my only question is, jess, why are you dressed like you're in siberia? i imagined afghanistan being hotter. although, that may not even be you in the picture. if it is, though, then jess, you make an excellent desert ninja.

thanks for the update, jaime!

now, how can we get her out to here once she's back? : )

Anonymous said...

Jeff Gust of Sun,

On the way to Afghanistan, I sat by this older gentleman that was from Alaska. He was telling how amazing the mountains are in Afghanistan. When I stepped off the plane, I thought I was in Utah. The mountain range is similar, as well as the weather. Sunny with a slight breeze in the day, cold at night. I told the guy he should stop by Utah someday.
The one different is that the sand is light and fluffy. That is why I wear the NINJA gear. I work nights out on the flight line so it’s hard to breathe when the sand gets in the air. I wear eye gear too! I end up looking like Scuba Steve.
When I’m done with my deployment, I plan on visiting Utah. I will see you in January! 

From,
FP Ninja

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezem3I7nfqM