Argh is right.For over a month, i've had a constant headache. Constant headache = constant CRANKY person. Cranky person = not very fun to be around. Which ultimately equals, BOO for headaches.
Why am i having these monster headaches anyway?
It started with a tooth, but then spread. It moved to all my bottom teeth, to the top. Then to my jaw. Later, over to my cheek bone and sinuses. Finally, all the way to the top of my head. (all of this only on the left side) So, you might think, well, it started with your tooth, so that's probably your problem. But... some days, my teeth didn't hurt at all. ???
One night, it was just my check bone. (and i wanted to DIE) Another night, i laid down and the pillow put too much pressure on my temple... (That was bad news.)
To make this long story short, the small, annoying-but-tolerable (if that's possible) headaches turned into big, awful, all-you-can-do-is-cry-about-it headaches (cause pain medicine didn't help AT all. Believe me, i tried. If 3 Excedrin doesn't dent it, all you can do is cry.)
SO... i thought, i.... should probably try and figure out what's going on. I did a little research. I could have a tumor. (PLEASE don't say it's a tumor!) It could from the recent dental work i had done. (but, why would it hurt the top of my head?) It could be from grinding my teeth at night. It could be an infection, that would ultimately make me BLIND in that eye, if it continued spreading. (uh, scary) I could have a diseased called TN (trigeminal neurosis) which, let's just say, i'd rather not have but most of my symptoms pointed to it... YIKES.
Alot of the things on the internet said that, dental work can trigger these things, but people will mistakingly think it's a tooth that's causing the problem. (since your teeth hurt) So dentists will do root canals and pull teeth, only to find out that doesn't help the problem. So you can imagine my skepticism when i went to the dentist and he told me, it MAY be a root canal. (if it's a root canal, why didn't you see it coming when i was at my DENTAL APPOINTMENT a MONTH ago?!) He did all the tests to see if it was a root canal but they all came back negative. Even the Xray said there was no problem. I decided to contact a neurologist when the dentist said we could "try and do a root canal anyway and see if that helps."
UH... NO, THANKS.
I finally found a neurologist that takes appointments without insurance, (i have insurance but i'm not sure they'd cover something like this...) but the appointment was a week out. I was hoping i could make it til then. My face MAY explode before next thursday...
The next day, it was so bad, that i called and asked for a blessing. (that's when you KNOW it's bad. I never ask for a blessing unless i'm DYING.) The EQP came and gave it. I prayed, not necessarily that it would get better, but that we'd just be able to figure out what was causing it and fix it. (although, i did want to feel better too.)
That night, it got worse. A thousand times worse. I didn't sleep at all, except small increments when the pain would lessen for a few minutes. I texted the dentist at 3am and asked if he could slip me in ANYWHERE to do a root canal, cause i was DYING. I finally passed out from exhaustion around 7:30am, waiting for the dentist office to call. I was so relieved when his office called me at 9:30 and told me to come in. (longest, night, EVER.)
I had to travel to his other office because he wasn't at the one i usually go to. (by the mouth of provo canyon) It was all the way out by the Timpanogos Temple. Um, this office was SO much COOLER! They had personal TV's for everyone. GENIUS! i may need to have emergency work done more often! (ok, not really)
They gave me some nitrous oxide, which didn't do much at first. I had them turn it up a little; still nothing. After they gave me the shot, and i cried,(i had a long night...) they CRANKED it. I, was in heaven. I remember thinking, "everyone sounds like, on Charlie Brown, when all the adult are talking and all your hear is 'wah wah, wah wah.'" It made me laugh to myself. I had them turn on "Finding Nemo". It was awesome. (although it did make me a little sad, because i miss my squishy...)
Anyway, did i mention that laughing gas is AWESOME!? OH man. It was awesome. I've never been drunk but i think that's how you'd feel. I was walking out to my car, but my head and my body weren't anywhere on the same level. I have no idea how to explain it, but i can imagine it's what being drunk feels like.
I made it home safely (despite driving drunk) and turned on Gummi Bears. I was totally watching cartoons until i fell asleep and you better believe i was sleeping ALL DAY.
And now, ALL the headaches are GONE!
HOORAY!
The dentist was right, in the end. And i'm glad, it wasn't a tumor.
6 comments:
Wow, that sounds AWFUL! I was almost in pain just reading about it. I'm so glad it has been resolved.
I am so glad your headaches are gone. That's the worst. I am also glad it wasn't a tumor. Trust me I know. But if it were maybe we could car pool to the Huntsman center in Nov when I go for a check-up. I know tumors sound cool and all but they aren't. Ha ha ha.
Shayla
Laughing gas is the best....im glad you dont have a tumor either...
despite much of it involving my friend in intense pain, i enjoyed the story. i echo everyone in rejoicing that it's not a tumor, or that scary t-whatever, and i'm glad that nitrous oxide was so deliriously wonderful. and i'm impressed that you have a dentist you can text at 3 a.m.!
Wow, that would be so frustrating to be in SO much pain. You are a trooper! I am so glad you feel better now. Dang teeth,they are great but they can couse so many problems. I hope your having a great day with no pain!
I'm SO sorry you were in so much pain, but I'm glad you're better =] I only had laughing gas once, when I was eight, so I don't remember it too well...just that everyone seemed to be floating.
Post a Comment