Monday, October 26, 2009

Dating Diary


Dear Diary,

i, am going to vent tonight because of what just happened.

as i was walking out to my car tonight, after work, i noticed a car that was parked right behind mine, perpendicular. the first thought that came to mind was, oh no... someone has hit my car and they're waiting for me... BAH! But as i got closer, i realized it was my guy friend from work.

Oh. ? (My MARRIED guy friend.)

Weird. But, ok. "What's goin on?" (i say this casually) He's like, "What's your number?"

UH... Even more weird. but, ok.... We talk casually about music, (he asks if i like the band he's listening to, because he LOVES them) then halloween, (he asks what i'm dressing up as) and then he offers me some candy. ??? Ok... ? i'm still not understanding the point of him WAITING for me at my car, and getting my phone number... ??? So I bring up his wife, like i ALWAYS do. "What's your WIFE doing tonight?" Blah blah. "Oh, my wife's calling. i'd better go."

What. The. .......

THIS is how the ENTIRE year of dating has been for me. Did i say entire? Cause i mean, ENTIRE. I have now given my number to a married man. I've been asked out, flirted with and cuddled with by guys who HAVE GIRLFRIENDS already! (as soon as i find out, i'm outta there!) I have been asked out and stood up, MULTIPLE times. I have been flirted with by guys who get my number and are super interested and then.... nothing. (NOTHING!!!) I've even had a guy tell me, the first day i met him, that he'd be ok with it if we had sex.

HELLO!?

And then he didn't get it when i was like, UH... we're NEVER going out. EVER. I even told him to erase my number. But he STILL texted me again, a few weeks later. Stacey keeps telling me i'm too nice and they won't get it unless i'm a bitch.. But, ARGH. WHY can't guys just get it WITHOUT us having to resort to that?

This all makes me feel like i'm on CRAZY PILLS! Like, did i just MAKE up this conversation we had because YOU said this, and YOU asked for MY number and you asked ME out, and WHY are YOU making ME feel like this CRAZY girl who's been stalking you when i DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING!?

OH. MY. GOSH!

This whole year, i've had TWO normal dates, (TWO. In, a, YEAR. !) both with the same boy. And they were actually really really fun. I am grateful for those. But, i don't really think we like each other more than friends, so.... (maybe that's how we could have so much fun together. ha! jk)

Wahw, Wahw, WAHW.

Ha ha. And THIS is how i've come to the conclusion, i'm supposed to be single right now. Cause these things just KEEP ON happenin. I'm interested what ELSE i can add to this list..

:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets buy a house and get many many MANY many cats. :)

jess

--jeff * said...

boys are dumb.

(jess, can i come visit you in your house?)

Jodilyn said...

Jaime-

Let me just say that you are an amazing person and some boy some where is going through the same thing and looking for you! It will happen, when it is supposed to. Unfortunately, when it is supposed to is rarely when we want it to. I love you, hang in there!

~Bekahjo said...

Amen, my dear Jaime friend. Amen.