Sunday, October 25, 2009

Costume Bowling


One of my callings at church is YSA (young single adult) Rep. I represent our ward, when the stake, or multi-stake, is collaborating for activities. I've been in the calling for a year now, and the first meeting i was told about (and could go to) was a couple months ago... We were planning the activities for the entire year. They've had trouble getting people out to the multi-stake activities and were wondering why. I put in my two bits about how the activity was super important for getting people to come. We had just done bowling for a ward activity and it was really successful. So i suggested doing it on a multi-stake level. Since it was October, i suggested it be costume bowling. Everyone loved it, so we started planning.


Can i just say, i love an excuse to get all sparkly? I love makeups!
It's hard to plan food when it's mutli-stake because you have NO idea how many people are going to come, and activities in the past haven't proven to bring a lot of people out... But while planning i told them this activity would get A LOT of people to come out. When i got there to help set up, they had planned snacks for maybe fifty people. As soon as i saw, i ran over to Maceys to grab more stuff.

Of course, i got A LOT of stares, being dressed up as a butterfly, a week before Halloween... but, whatever. I was on a MISSION! I grabbed TONS of candy and big bowls to put it all in (like trick-or-treating) then more soda and chips and salsa. (i spent about $150) It was a good thing i went. More and more people came. (over 150 total!) I guest-a-mated pretty well. I only threw away a little soda and we had about 3 1/2 bags of chips left over. Not bad!
Anyway, It was a really fun night!! Half way through the night, (we rented out the entire bowling alley from 7-9pm) they turned down the lights and did Cosmic bowling, with loud dance music. The people from our ward were pretty rambunctious. It made things really fun.



My roommate Tasha (flapper) and her boyfriend Ricky (jester)


(They like orange.)


Me and another YSA rep. She was a deviled egg.


Joel. A.k.a. Steve Urkel


The first ward representin!


Clockwise starting at noon: Frat boy (mike), Wild thing (Michelle), Rock Climber (Katie), Gangster (Javi), Nacho Libre (Andre), Urkel (Joel)


Me and Alyssa (50's girl)


The group again. (it's a little blurry but still)


L to R: Jaime, Michelle, Javi, Joel, Andre, Alyssa and Katie

1 comment:

--jeff * said...

those are some pretty cool costumes. way to magnify and pull of a successful stake activity.

your butterfly costume was pretty dang, too.