
I keep meaning to post... but by the time i get home and ready for bed, i'm too tired to write. I have many posts in my head that i want to write (one of which i did actually write but the internet ate it and i have yet to rewrite it...mostly because the ineternet and i are in a fight and i just don't want to) but i thought i'd just get on and maybe catch up a little of the latest.
This is a picture of my brother Jason, Jessica and i. We're super cute, i know.
Greg and i have done a couple hikes lately, which has been fun. we hiked to Stewart Falls today and to the Y last week. I like hiking because i can get two things done at once: hanging out AND working out. It's perfect. (especially since i'm SLOWLY getting fatter. Ha!)
I saw the "Iron giant" at movie night which, had a good moral to it and "Up" in the theater. Now, i hadn't really planned on seeing "Up" but since everyone else was going... and i like to be social... i went. I was pleasantly surprised. I loved EVERYTHING that Russell said. Everything.
I bought a ticket Philedelphia yesterday. I'm going to see my sister Jessica. She's living out in New Jersey in the Air Force. She's being deployed to the Middle East later in the year, so i wanted to spend some time with her before she left. I plan to visit NYC while i'm there. This will be, i think my sixth trip there in nine years. Needless to say, I HEART NY.
Work is going good. I got my yearly raise, so that's exciting. Everything else is pretty much the same. One funny thing though is, I work with three girls and a male doctor. None of whom want to have any children. (One girl has one already and the doctor has two, but neither of them want anymore) TWO of the girls found out recently they were pregnant and the doctor's wife is pregnant as well. SOMETHING is in the water out here... But don't worry. I haven't drinken any. :)
I've visited with a few people recently, so that's been fun. I had dinner with what we call "lunch club" a few weeks ago at the Training Table. Always a good time. Then last week i met up with some roommates from long ago: Shawna, Carrie and Bonnie. Carrie has two cute little boys, Bonnie a sweet little girl, and Shawna has one on the way. We went to breakfast at Mimi's Cafe and had a really good time catching up. It's been a LONG TIME! And then last sunday, i went up to Bear Lake to visit Becky Hilton and her family. On the way, i picked up another long lost roommate who lives in Logan. (Bekah) More good times were had, and all we did was color. Who knew?
OH YEAH! I almost forgot! I got a new calling. I'm teaching Temple Prep. I'm actually REALLY excited! I was telling a girl how i really wanted to get better at teaching but i did NOT want to teach sunday school, I'd rather teach relief society. Less than FIVE MINUTES LATER, the first counselor called me out and asked me to teach sunday school. My mouth dropped. But he then said it was temple prep and i relaxed. I LOVE the temple and will love helping others prepare to enter. YEA!
So, nothing too exciting but stuff nonetheless. Until next time... The church is true!
5 comments:
Sounds like you have some wonderful summer plans... we hope that we can be apart of them. Let us know what your plans are b/c we would be happy to see ya.
Hey! I don't know why I haven't seen all these posts. We missed you a couple weeks ago! kristen and I had a good time - next time the whole gang should come. Congrats on the new calling - you'll do great!! It's not suprising you were asked to teach temple prep with all your temple visits and all. Good luck!
i like the general update; it's fun getting a summary of your thoughts on what's going on in your life.
You, my dear are so cute. I'm glad you like your new calling. I teach Sunday School and I thought "why can't I just teach R.S.?" But I really do love teaching Sunday School. I hope all is well. Please tell Jessica Hi for me. She is wonderful, and so are you!!!
Shayla-(I'm at work that's why the ComedySports)
You have the cutest brother...lol
Post a Comment