There's something magical about rain.Someone I once knew really liked the rain. They would talk about the smell and the sound and how much they liked absorbing it all. They said the best way to make a memory is to have something from all the senses. (which rain has) I really liked how they talked about it. They made me realize just how much i like the rain too.
Yesterday, when i got home, it was raining fairly hard. I longed to walk in it. Just walk and soak it up. While the part of town i live in isn't too bad, I didn't really feel safe enough to go for a walk alone in the dark. And so i didn't.
But i DID sit under the carport and just watch. If i couldn't get all the senses, i would take as many as i could get.
I sat for a while, by myself, and wrote in my journal. The only sound was the rain falling. It was really nice.
I sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" to myself as i sat in a tattered yellow and white lawn chair and watched water falling all around me; the only light coming from street lamps. It is one of my all time favorite songs. One reason I like it is because, as Dolly Parton said, "You can't get a rainbow without any rain." And where there's rainbows, "the dreams that you dared to dream, really do come true."
1 comment:
well-written post.
i enjoyed the rain, too. i wish it rained more often here in the desert. but maybe that makes it easier to appreciate it when it does. : )
"someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me...."
Post a Comment