When i was in junior high, i loved the movie Clueless. I remember the little outfits that Cher and Dionne wore and how cool and hot they were. (Little fuzzy sweaters with plaid mini skirts and knee high socks.) Like, maybe if i wore those, i would be cute too.Besides the fashion tips, one of my favorite parts of the movie is when travis gives a speech about having the most tardies in the class.
He says:
"This is so unexpected, I, uh, I didn't even have a speech prepared. Uh, but I would like to say this: Tardiness is not something you can do all on your own. Many, many people contributed to my tardiness. Uh, I'd like to thank my parents for never giving me a ride to school, the L.A. city bus driver for taking a chance on an unknown kid, and, uh, last but not least, the wonderful crew at McDonalds for spending hours making those egg McMuffins, without which I might never be tardy."
I was reminded of this when i looked at my cell phone bill last month.
I have an unlimited texting plan and about 1,000 anytime minutes. I used to go over 1,000 texts a month and maybe use about 500 of my minutes. When my boyfriend, at the time, was across the country on an internship though, my texts went up to 3,000 and i was always maxing out my mintues to where i'd have to wait to talk to him until after 9pm, when they were unlimited.
This last month though, was kind of a record...
I had, 7,000 texts and
only used 56 minutes.
I thought to myself, "you have BY FAR, the most texts in the class." And like him, i thought, "many, many people contributed to my texting, and i'd like to thank, all of them. For without them, i would never have use for an unlimited texting plan." :)
I know. I know. I'll admit, it's a little ridiculous. I actually think it's not very good to ONLY use texting as a form of communication... I even turned my phone off for a couple of weeks a few months ago, and i was totally fine. I actually felt, relieved... Like, this odd sense of freedom because no one could get a hold of me... It was great. (not that i dont LIKE texting... it was just a bad month...)
Anyway, i doubt i'll beat that record anytime soon. But if you know anyone else who can, i'll gladly pass the texting torch to them. :)
4 comments:
I was secretly excited when I hit 3,000 last summer. :-)
You must have some fast fingers!
That is so great!! I should check on that!
HA HA HA hahahahahahah HA!
Jekakah
you've always been the textiest person i've known. thank you for letting me be a part of your accomplishment.
Post a Comment