Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma

My cute little grandma LaVern turned eighty-three today. We're so cute: 83 and 27.
Today, my mom was cleaning at my grandma's condo and found some old pictures and things. There was a school writing assignment that my sister Jessica had written. (I wish it had a date.... It's in cursive so i'm assuming 2nd or 3rd grade) It reminded me of some things i love about my grandma. I thought I'd put it on here, because i think it's so cute, grammatical errors and all. ( it's more endearing that way)
(this writing is accompanied by a cute little drawing of my grandma, where she has giant swirls for her hair. :)
"My Grandma"
I have two grandmas. But i will tell you one. We would go to my grandmas house if something happens. She love football game alot. She would take me Jaime or Jason to one of the football game. Then after we would go over and sleep over. She like move not. (not sure what that means..) She would come over and help my mom do some stuff. Then sometimes we would go shopping for something. She is a good shopper and then after my grandma would give me a big big kiss. I hate kisses don't you?
The end.
It reminded me that we used to go to BYU football games with her. I remember feeling so special to get to go. We would go to Hart's gas station and get popcorn before we went. We always had lots of treats when Grandma was around. :) Then we'd always get burnt almond fudge ice cream while there. I loved it. I loved being there. The crowd. The sounds. The treats. And just being with Grandma for the game.
I also remember that my grandma was a secret shopper. She would often take us to Village Inn with her for that. I remember going one time, and after the waitress took our order and left, my grandma pulled out a paper and started filling it out. She turned to me and asked, "would you say she was Caucasian?" I remember responding, "No, I'd say she was white. She didn't look Asian to me." I'm sure she laughed to herself but i thought i was SO smart. Like, my grandma was the dumb one...
My grandma has always been a big part of our lives. Making sure we knew that she thought we were special. I've looked up to her in alot of ways for that. She always tries to remember everyone and do something little for them. I know she's blessed the lives of many throughout her life.
I'm glad I get to be her granddaughter.

2 comments:

--jeff * said...

that's a very wonderful tribute to your grandma. i don't know if she's on the internet much, but, at 83, that's about the best present you can get! i liked the inclusion of jess's early essay and your memories of the football games and the little details surrounding it all. : )

smalltoes said...

Cute Grandma!!