Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference

I LOVE conference! I asked for Saturday and Sunday off to be able to devote my time and attention to watch. I decided that, if this church is true, I should drop EVERYTHING to hear what the prophet and apostles have to say. They always have our best interests at hand.

I was lucky enough to be invited to go up to the conference center with Jeff and watch it live. There is something about being there, in person, vs watching it on TV in your pajamas...

It, was, AMAZING.

I feverishly wrote everything that i felt important, and filled up ten + pages. I cannot adequetly explain, with words, how i felt being there. But i am thankful for the blessing
of being able to go.

Afterward, we went to lunch with Mark and Jennia at a place downtown called Lamb's. And while walking back to our car, a man humorously yelled at us, (although, he was trying to be confrontational) "are you going to another church thing OR TO A NIGHT CLUB!?" (insinuating that we were two faced) I turned to Jeff and laughed while asking, "are there any night clubs open right now?" (it was two in the afternoon) The protesters make me laugh. If only they could see themselves and hear what they're saying..

The two other sessions have been equally amazing and the final session is about to start. Oh how blessed we are to have a prophet and apostles to guide us in these latter-days.

2 comments:

--jeff * said...

i'm glad you came.
it's seriously dang awesome to be in the conference center.

Micah said...

I loved it too! That's great you were able to be there in person. Thanks for all the updates - I love knowing what's going on in your life :)