Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Festival of Lights

Last Saturday night, i had the opportunity to go to Spanish Fork to see the Festival of Lights and the lights at Salem Pond with some friends from the ward. Brad and Karlee go from town to town and do all the activities offered for the holidays to get into the holiday spirit. They were kind enough to let Joel and I tag along. I must admit, these lights have never really impressed me... (why do i feel guilty saying that? like, i've just told a five year old that Santa's not real..) I've usually just gone along when my mom and grandma have wanted to go because they LOVE it. It was just surprising (and amusing) to see people MY AGE be as obsessed with the lights as they are. We finished the night with some food from Glade's, a cute little shake shop in downtown SF. The experience is alot better than their food. (DON'T tell brad and karlee i said that!)

Karlee, Joel and ME!

Me, Brad and Karlee

Attempting to take our own group picture

P.S. In other news.... my old lap top died!! (R.I.P.) It melted. Literally. I know! It's SO SAD. It was my very first lap top. We went through so much together. I bought it when i was 22, i think. So we were together for about 5 years. They flew by so fast. I can't believe it's over already.

P.P.S. Not to worry though. After mourning for a couple of weeks, i went out and got a better lap top for a third of the cost. (stupid technology) It's cute and white. I named it Bianca. She's pretty and all... but, I think i like my old lap top better. We just knew each other. Went through alot together.

Oh well.

(ok. OK! It IS fun to have a new lap top. I'll admit it. I'll admit it. It's just been frustrating because everything's so different. I hate getting used to new things, especially when it's not your choice. Plus, all my music and pictures were on the other lap top... Argh. It'll just take some getting used to.)

1 comment:

Micah said...

Hey Jaime Lou! Nice work with all the Thanksgiving cooking! I still have yet to cook a Thanksgiving dinner, you are way ahead of me. Looks like you're having fun - some day we'll get together, right?