Friday, December 11, 2009

Dating Diary

Entry number two

Dear Dating Diary-

it happened again! A guy asked me out and then SOMEHOW made it seem like i asked HIM out.

HOW does this happen?

This is how it played out. Tell me what i'm doing wrong. I truly am baffled. (and at this point, all i can do is smile, shrug my shoulders and shake my head. really? ok...)

This guy from my old ward used to like me alot. He wasn't terribly active in the church, but while i was in the ward, he came every week and even stayed through all of sunday school, going to whichever class i went to. He and his friends (he told me later) had all wanted to ask me out but i had a boyfriend at the time, so nothing came of it.

A couple years later, we meet again.

After he leaves Walmart, he's texting me. yadda yadda, blah blah, trying to impress me that he's going to buy a house. (um... i can see RIGHT through this...) Then mid-conversation he says, "you'll have to tell me more about it on our first date." Now, i sorta knew this was coming but i was so surprised at his confidence that i would go out with him that I simply replied, "ok. :)".

We kept texting; he asked if friday worked (it was wednesday. What IS IT with boys and waiting until the LAST possible moment to ask a girl out?) I already had plans on friday and couldn't go, so i suggested maybe another day. (Now there, i've already blown it. THIS is where it starts to turn into like i asked HIM out.) He's like, "oh... uh... well, i dunno. I think i have plans, i'll have to get back to you...". I casually said, "it's cool. Don't sweat it. If saturday doesn't work, sometime next week will, right? ha ha".... uh, heh.

Now, i am going WAY far out of my way, further than i need to, to make this easier for him. I'm already picking another day, for him. Isn't this HIS job? I'm making it seem like, not a big deal. Apparently that was the wrong thing to do.

?

He gets back to me the next day and says, "i'm going to Arizona for a wedding on Saturday and can't do it. Sorry."

(this dialogue is going on in my head) WHY, does this feel like an excuse to me? And may i remind you, YOU asked ME out!? Regardless though, did you just BARELY find out that you had a wedding in an ENTIRELY different state in TWO DAYS?

really?

REALLY!?

Whatever. I don't even care! (That may not be entirely true. The only part of me that cares is the part where i don't understand HOW or WHY this keeps happening. I mean, how many times can this possibly happen to one person in a year? I may be setting a record.) What could i do differently? In reality, it doesn't matter much because i wouldn't pursue a relationship with these guys anyway because they are missing KEY ELEMENTS i'm looking for in a boyfriend/husband, but i still want to know what the HECK is going on!)

He says he'll get with me about going out next weekend. Well, HERE next weekend is, and no word from idiot stick.

Why do boys feel like they need to tell you they're going to call when BOTH of you know perfectly well, they're not? As soon as those words came out of his mouth, i knew they were false. WHY even waste, your breath? I mean, seriously?

And WHAT THE HECK!?

I give up.

3 comments:

--jeff * said...

boys are dumb.

Unknown said...

WHAT IS UP with boys being so dumb and not being MEN! There really is a shortage of ACTUAL MEN in this world.

Unknown said...

Oh and I have a little more insight:
You know what the real problem is? Your just TOO AWESOME JAIME! No- REALLY, this is what it comes down to. The thing is, your sooo nice and you will practically give ANY GUY a try even if you don't remotely deserve a guy like that. You need to start going on dates with MEN that deserve you (I stress MEN once again).