Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Of anniversaries and things

Today is my 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY with Walmart.

I had to tell someone who cared. And the only one who cares is the internet void. SO... YEAAA for MEEEE! (echo, echo, echo) **cheer**

I can't believe I've actually WORKED HERE this long. (**cough**LOSER**)

It's SUUUUURE been somethin else. No, it's actually been a really good job. I've been really fortunate. I some how made it through certain loops to get more raises than the average "associate" and I was blessed to get a position in the vision center and later become manager. It's been really hard at times, really funny at times (people of walmart anyone?) but all in all, a great opportunity.

SPEAKING of ANNIVERSARIES..... We had our first! We actually made it through the first year without killing each other. Ha. Like the better things in life, it was difficult at times, and really fun other times, but we made it through and we're both better for it. :D


 2013
2014

I feel lame saying this, but, I saw on Pinterest an idea of taking a photo together every year on your anniversary. So... I'm trying it. Jairo was nice enough to oblige (Oh the sacrifices we make..) Hopefully we can keep up with it. It'll be fun to see how we change over the years.

We were lucky enough to go on a trip for our anniversary, though we weren't able to go on the actual day (Jairo had finals). We were trying to decide if we should go back to where our honeymoon was (hawaii) or try something new. He really wanted to go to San Fransisco but i talked him into NYC because SF is fairly close (a ten hour drive?) and NYC is pretty expensive. With school and kids in the future we are going to be poor FAST so we'd better do the more "exotic" trip while we can. So we went to New York.

Those of you that know me pretty well, know that i've gone to New York every year since i was 19 years old. I first went with the UVU art department, fell in love and have found an excuse to go back every year since.

Here's a few of the highlights:

 We LOVE the show "30 rock" so Jairo was excited to see this as one of the first things we visited
 Jairo loves jackson pollock. I think this is at the MOMA.
 I'm not a HUGE picasso fan, but i LOVE this picture. It's next to the infamous "women of avignon" so no one really notices it, but i think it's BETTER.
 Notice anything familiar in the background...??
 My hair is getting LONG
 My favorite asian pose
 Me and lady liberty at FAO
 the guys
 my boyfriend
 Jairo LOVES vangogh. This is at the MET.
I'm not sure i had heard of this artist before, but now i know EVERYTHING about him (not by choice. Because Jairo is obsessed). Modigliani.
 I love this Chuck Close pic
 Church on the Upper East Side
 Writing our name and anniversary on the Brooklyn Bridge
 SUBWAY
 While he went to the hotel gym, i dolled myself up!
 He loves this crap!
 The Guggenheim. Jairo is drawing/writing. I kept getting in trouble for taking pictures. Apparently it's only allowed on the first floor. ?
 Also, not a huge fan of this type of art, but jairo loves it. This was at "Christies" which ended up being one of the coolest parts of our trip. It was like a museum, but they were actually SELLING the art. There was a mini "waterlilies" picture by Monet bidding for $35 MILLION. We didnt know it but we were there for the pre auction showing. We were amongst MILLIONAIRES, and it was FREE to see. (other museums were about $20/person)
 Always a good time for this.
 Netflix. Oddities. This is the owner of "Obscura". She's FAMOUS. We walked a MILLION miles past union square to find this tiny store. but it was cool to see someone from TV.
 Grays Papaya
 Bike ride around central park
 The only place you could take a photo in the "body world's" exhibit. Jairo wasn't too impressed.
 We saw PHANTOM. Classic.
 My spaniard with the bull. He had to wrestle a bunch of asians to get a photo at the front.
 Last day cruising around
 Our stop
 Oh hey
 Blue beard
(is that old guy flipping us off?)
 Greenwich village. The white horse tavern where dylan thomas and other famous poets drank. 
(learning SO much about poetry...)
 Jairo and Dylan
 Our hotel was just past this (grand central station)
 The sad sad memorial of 9/11. I tried not to smile to reflect that it was sad. All the water falling into that dark abyss, never to be seen again :(
 rice cakes before church
 FAO schwartz
 you know i got my fortune told
 dancin in the elevator mirror
 
 my other selfie/glamour shot while jairo worked out. the bathroom lighting makes this almost seem fake. but yes folks, i AM that glistening white. 
 view from brooklyn bridge back to the city


OBVIOUSLY, those weren't in chronological order... but you get the idea; we had a good time. I wish we could've stayed longer and i hope we get to go back someday before i'm FIFTY but it was a good "goodbye" to the big apple and a great way to celebrate our first anniversary. 

Until next time,

Bye

2 comments:

Alexa said...

10 years, that's awesome! Congratulations!!! New York looked like a ton of fun, I'm glad you guys got to go! Can't wait to see you guys :)

Anonymous said...

yea!! you're back in cyber journal land! I love NY and I love you guys! the end.