So, I got married.
I always thought i would someday.. but then at the same time, i didnt think i ever would. to be honest, i couldn't really see it. Like, i couldn't imagine it actually happening. what would it be like? who would i marry? how would it work? i wanted it so badly but i just couldn't imagine myself actually being there. A wife. A mother. Me?
But, here i am. i'm finally here. (how did this happen?) I don't have any great advice yet, having only been married two weeks (two weeks ago yesterday) but i have seen many many times the wisdom that Heavenly Father had by having me wait until now. I see more and more everyday how Jairo was the best choice for me and i'm so grateful for such a blessing.
I wanted to share a few little adventures from the last two weeks, cause... it's fun. :)
So we had our reception at Wadley Farms the night before our sealing. Why? Well, it was UVU and BYU graduation... I guess that's the time to get married, cause everything was booked on Saturday (the day we got married) so we had to do it the night before. But it had it's perks of splitting up the stressful time into two days instead of one overly long day. The other perk was, after the sealing, we were free to go. This sounded really appealing. Being able to leave around 4 instead of waiting unitl 11pm and being COMPLETELY exhausted. Uh, where do i sign up? So that's what we did.
it was a bit stressful that day, for me, because i was still trying to move out/clean my apartment and get everything ready for that night. it got ultra stressful when my help for setting up, suddenly couldn't come. but luckily becky was there and my awesome fiance called in his family and they saved the day!
So, i finished getting ready and we did some "first look" photos (jairo hadn't seen my dress or bridals or anything so we tried to capture his reaction when he saw me dressed up for the first time). It was fun. I still couldn't believe it was me getting ready for a reception. it was me in the wedding gown. i was the bride.
the reception was beautiful. well, as much as i could tell, being stuck up front greeting people. but everyone told me it was beautiful and fun. i really hope it was. it meant a lot to me, for all the people who took some time to come out. i know there's so many weddings and receptions and ugh, "another one?". But i'm grateful for everyone who could come. I know many people were out of town and not able to make it and that's okay (obviously). But i appreciate their love and support regardless.
Here are some photos i had at the reception..
we did my bridals up little cottonwood canyon. becky helped me and i was so thankful. it was rainy and SUPER cold. i was a POPSICLE. BUT it was fun anyway. I felt so pretty. Like a princess.
and... i was going to write more... but i'm tired :) but i wanted to write a little snippet.






1 comment:
It was fun and it was beautiful and you did look like a princess :)
So I know you work Saturday so we were thinking Sunday to skype, let me know if that works for you guys!
Post a Comment