I got to call 9-1-1 today for the second time in my life (both times this year). The first time was at Walmart earlier this year. A girl fell down, face first and hit her chin and started convulsing, spewing blood everywhere. I was surprised at how calm I was. My co-workers were like, "JAIME!! HELP!! DO SOMETHING!". Of which, the only thing I knew to do, was, DUH, call 9-1-1. I guess I was just surprised at how everyone panicked and had NO IDEA what to do, but I was calm and collected and made the call. I guess you don't know this stuff about your self til it happens and howoften does this stuff happen?
The girl was fine. Apparently she had seizures often and forgot to take her medicine. She hit her chin when she fell and apparently while you're seizing, blood flow is higher ? so it flowed out at a higher rate, causing us on viewers to panic. But in the end she was fine; just needed a few stitches.
Today, I was walking to my co-chair's apartment to talk some business, with a plate full of fudge covered cupcakes and I heard someone get hit by a car. I looked over and a guy was on the ground in front of a red car. He'd been riding a BMX bike. They got out to see if he was okay, he kept standing up and walking around and then laying down... I decided... I should just call 9-1-1, just in case. I'd rather be safe than sorry. But I felt like a tattle tale because they made me give them the make/model/license plate of the car while the people were standing there...

In other news, my ward started the dreaded 9:00 am church... When will I ever get to sleep in again!? Haha. Naw.. I hate 9am church for the first little while and then I start to love it
because we're done with everything at noon and have the entire day left to do whatever we want. Too bad I always have SOME sort of meeting... I was in meetings today until almost 2pm. You best believe I came straight home and slept for 3 HOURS. :)
And a random, less-known fact about me is, my teenie-bopper crush is Joseph Gordon-Leavitt. I've always secretly crushed on him but as you all may have noticed, he's been in quite a few more movies recently and in hot roles. AND! He's close to my age. Not that that really matters in this situation... but I don't
know. I feel a bit better about it rather than crushin on someone illegal like oh, JUSTIN BEIBER (who starred in ANOTHER dream of mine.. What the heck!? that's FOUR now...)Last but not least, I have become slightly obsessed and LOVING these cook-it-yourself tortillas. You get them at Walmart for about $3 for 18, grill em up all Cafe Rio style and enjoy! i LOVE them! I'm tryin to lose some weight right now which would require eliminating these from my diet... but they're SO GOOD, I can't help it. I'm currently cooking up the last of the bag right now.. Then a real diet shall commence... (boo)
Random post: Complete
4 comments:
Wow, way to be calm during a tense situation. I am not that way, usually but being a mom has totally mellowed me out when it comes things like that. 9 a.m. Church, I totally feel your pain. I am NEVER on time when it's that early. I am trying to do better though. I love hearing your stories and thoughts, so great!!
I hope you are having an AWESOME day!
-Less
Jaime, you have and will always be my inspiration!!!!
'in other news' man i laughed so hard! :)
and everytime i see your crush i think of nickelodeon. no joke.
jess
ha! okay first off, i perused your posts and guiltily stopped at this one...kind of maybe because i saw the photo of joseph gordon-leavitt.
so umm...fist-bump.
secondly, way to be awesome with 911. when i was in italy, my brother and i saw an emergency vehicle pass and apparently 911 isn't universal...they had a longer number. we figured, with our experiences thus far with the italian information system, they'd probably have to dial something like 822-18-4381720351...7.
or something like that.
hurrah for simplicity.
Post a Comment