
I recently discovered edamame. My roommate is celiac, meaning she can't have gluten or basically things with flour (and a few other things) which does put a damper on things... I feel bad making cookies (or anything really) cause i can't share... I really don't like that. It's really interesting on Sundays because she can't take the sacrament bread. The first half of the year we lived together, she'd bring her own cracker, individually wrapped and on it's own tray. Apparently she's too lazy this half of the year because she just skips the bread and drinks the water.
ANYWAY, back to edamame. She was eating it one day and asked if i wanted to try some. I naively thought it was peas but did a double take of sorts when she told me the name. "en-a-nom-eh? What....?? sounds like japanese anime....". She corrected my pronunciation (it took me a few times to catch the "d" in there...) and let me have some.
Unlike peas, you don't eat the pod. Also, the pods are a little hairy; they remind me of Yoda's ears. Haha. But they beans inside taste awesome. They're soy beans. I never would've guessed that a soy bean was green and came in a hairy pod, but there ya go. You can find them in the freezer section for about $3 a bag, defrost and enjoy.

I wanted to take a class or two this fall, as i wait for my program to start but apparently waited too long. Admissions to UVU were closed for fall (what... ??? they CLOSE?!) In an attempt to not feel like a COMPLETE loser, i decided i needed a goal; something to work toward.
Once upon a time, i used to run. and i really liked it. And then i fell and broke my LIFE... jk jk. I broke my heels... and i have a permanently sucky ankle now... but anyhow, i've always sorta been afraid to start running again. I dont know why.. I guess i just worried i'd hurt my ankle permanently or something... but i still hike and exercise so... i guess i shouldn't worry so much. i've run a little here and there over the years but nothing like before. But i decided i'm gonna run again. So i bought some shoes like these (except blue instead of green) from the INTRAnet. I just broke them in tonight. It was awesome.

i've been enjoying this show here and there this year. it's SO much better starting at the beginning and watching it through... i really can't say i have a favorite character. It's like thanksgiving dinner; they all add their special part to make the whole thing awesome.

I'm SLIGHTLY obsessed with this shiny blue color (and another color with a little more green. teal-ish if you will) I even bought this skirt! OBSESSED.
And i just heard this song tonight on Pandora.
Love.
1 comment:
Ha! Yoda's ears! Brilliant! And I'm glad you're enjoying Arrested Development. Good stuff!
Post a Comment