Sunday, August 19, 2012

you are so rude....

The Scene:
Stopped at a stoplight, texting my friend who's going through a breakup; NO patience; On my way to work.
The light turns green; everyone starts moving.
I... was in a little more of a hurry than necessary, and not paying attention, hit into the car in front of me.

**!@#$%^&**

Conversation: (what i remember... not verbatim)

Please keep in mind, that i BARELY hit into them. There was no damage to either car, other than possible scratched paint on their bumper.

Crazy lady: Well! GIVE US YOUR INSURANCE INFORMATION.

Me: **pause** Wow, you didn't even give me a chance... I was about to ask if you were ok..

Crazy lady: Well, we're NOT OK! I HAVE KIDS IN THE CAR! YOU HIT INTO US!!!

Me: uh... it was an accident **puzzled look**

Crazy lady: I HAVE KIDS IN THE CAR!

Me: Uh... ?? You realize IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!? I didnt MEAN to hit into you. I'm sorry.

Crazy lady: Well, YOU SHOULD BE SORRY!

Me: **pause** I.... you are so rude.

Crazy lady: YOU'RE RUDE! YOU! HIT INTO US!!

Me: **blink** I can't even believe how rude you are.

Crazy lady: give us your insurance information!!

Me: IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!! You think I was looking for someone with kids in their car to hit on my way to work?!

Then, shaking, i got in my car to get something to write my insurance info on. When i got back out, she SLAMMED her car door and her husband was there. He apologized for his wife and calmly and kindly got my information. I apologized to him. He was nice and LOGICAL and said, "it's alright. These things happen. Don't worry about it."

When I called my insurance, they let me know of all my options to fix the car. I was like, "uh... i'm not taking it anywhere to get fixed. There's nothing wrong with it. I BARELY hit into them." They were like, "oh... really?". "Uh... yep. Definitely not worth getting yelled at over."

What a GREAT WAY to start the day (thursday).

My favorite was, "YOU'RE RUDE!! YOU HIT INTO US!!". I really hope nothing worse happens to her. I don't think she'll make it.