Ok. I DID take this picture. But it was in September...
This post is dated when i started it, one week ago, but i actually started writing it today, March 9th. I'm in La Quinta down in Bloomington, UT for work (i was here last week as well). This is my third official business trip for Walmart. My boss had us come down to help the Washington store catch up on some of their pharmacy paperwork.
Wait. You work in the Vision Center don't you?
Yes. Yes i do.
So why are you helping the pharmacy?
Good question...
My boss is over all the Vision Centers from American Fork to St. George. In the past couple of years, they combined us with the pharmacy. They need CONSTANT micromanaging... so, my boss asks us to help them out alot because she's too busy and she knows we can manage ourselves pretty well so maybe we can help them. I dunno... Most of the time, we let them handle things on their own anyway, but this task was a little too much. They were 4 months behind on presciption filing... (At the end of the night, they have to label and file all the prescriptions they filled for the day. It's taking us about an hour or two to complete a days worth of organizing... so you can imagine how long it's going to take to catch up on 4 MONTHS...) Between the six managers who came down last week, we got about a month and a half done. So... we had to come back again. And THIS is why i'm here. :)
Wait. You work in the Vision Center don't you?
Yes. Yes i do.
So why are you helping the pharmacy?
Good question...
My boss is over all the Vision Centers from American Fork to St. George. In the past couple of years, they combined us with the pharmacy. They need CONSTANT micromanaging... so, my boss asks us to help them out alot because she's too busy and she knows we can manage ourselves pretty well so maybe we can help them. I dunno... Most of the time, we let them handle things on their own anyway, but this task was a little too much. They were 4 months behind on presciption filing... (At the end of the night, they have to label and file all the prescriptions they filled for the day. It's taking us about an hour or two to complete a days worth of organizing... so you can imagine how long it's going to take to catch up on 4 MONTHS...) Between the six managers who came down last week, we got about a month and a half done. So... we had to come back again. And THIS is why i'm here. :)
The job actually hasn't been that bad. Last week we rented a whole bunch of movies from red box including: Inception, Iron Man 2, Grown ups, Megamind, Taken and Burlesque.
I suggested watching movies to pass the time. They all thought i was crazy. I said, haven't you ever turned on a movie while you clean or cook or listen to music or SOMETHING to make the time go by faster? I guess they hadn't. So they thought i was weird in wanting to do it. So i paid for all the movies cause i knew it would help ME atleast and i felt like it was WORTH five dollars...
And boy was it worth it. six hours would FLY by and i felt great! so it really wasn't too hard for me. Between the movies and all the peanut butter M&M's... It was a good time. Ha. (i'm getting paid OVERtime for this? AND twenty-five dollars a day for any food i eat? Sweet!) After everything was said and done, everyone DID thank me for getting the movies. They said the time did pass by SO much faster because of them.
Harrah!
Today we watched: Coyote ugly, Fever Pitch, Overboard, Akeelah and the bee and So i married and axe murder.
It's kinda cool, being on a business trip and all... but i do wish we had time to enjoy the nice St. George weather...
The other business trip i went on was in September of last year. We were outside the whole time so i got to enjoy the weather then. But as the picture above shows, it was pretty hot! We came down to Hurricane for Peach days. Walmart set up a booth at their craft fair to give away free samples. It was... quite the waste of time, if you ask me. :) But it's kinda nice to be away from the store and get paid overtime and all.
These are some of the adventures that happened at peach days. I DO like city fairs! So fun!
It's kinda cool, being on a business trip and all... but i do wish we had time to enjoy the nice St. George weather...
The other business trip i went on was in September of last year. We were outside the whole time so i got to enjoy the weather then. But as the picture above shows, it was pretty hot! We came down to Hurricane for Peach days. Walmart set up a booth at their craft fair to give away free samples. It was... quite the waste of time, if you ask me. :) But it's kinda nice to be away from the store and get paid overtime and all.
These are some of the adventures that happened at peach days. I DO like city fairs! So fun!
They had a roasting pig!! One of the other manager's mouth was salavating as she waited for it to be done. She was mostly waiting for the skin... apparently that is the best part. :/I also got a hot dog from the "dog father". HA ha! Such a clever name. And, it was a REALLY good hot dog, as far as hot dogs go. GIANT. and delicious.
And, i bought some cactus jelly. (What's that!?) I tried a couple different flavors from this little old man and told him i would buy some. I wanted to just cause this little old man was so cute. His wife makes the jelly. He was so excited to sell it. I loved it! I think i bought lime? It's actually still sitting in my cupboard at home.. I don't know why i haven't tried it on toast yet... but i was really excited to get it!
Oh how i love adventuring! I can't wait for warm weather!!
1 comment:
I used to be able to watch movies during work. Now I just have to sit there and be jealous that you're watching movies at work!
Post a Comment