This, is Gae Duersch. On my date tonight, we had japanese food that the boys made (although, it was curry--which i thought was thai and ham fried rice--which i thought was chinese.. but, :) and then we went to the Golden Living Center in Orem where i met Gae. She reads personality traits just by looking at your face. She was part of a group of people that studied it and do really well at it. So as part of our date, we had her read our faces.Want to know what she said about me? (You can judge for yourself if she's good at this or not.)
She said:
I have a great sense of adventure
I'm an analyzer
I like words
I am very self reliant
I have little mood swings (to everyone else she said they were moody or very moody. i was the only one to whom she said had little. i told her that, i do have mood swings but i try REALLY hard to minimize them. she said, "oh, i know. when you have them, you HAVE them. ha :)
Have a great mind
Warm heart
I have a hard time moving on from things unless i understand it
I need to take a little more time for myself and read or go for walks (cause i'm so busy)
and, by looking at my hands, she could tell that, although i only write with my right hand, i am very ambidextrous. she asked if i played a musical instrument or something. i told her i didn't but i do try to use both hands for things to become more so.
It was really fun to be there with her and hear what she had to say about everyone. People she had never met before in her life but that we knew really well, and how spot on she would be.
I guess my date met her from singing hymns there with the ward 3 or 4 years ago and has just been coming back often to visit her. And although she has alzheimers, she remembers him because he comes back so often. That was really commendable.
Afterward, we went back and had pie, in honor of 3/14 or 3.1456 yadda yada. They had cherry and blueberry and i brought a pistachio cream cheese pie. It was a pretty fun date.
AND, i actually have another date set up this week. (i know. crazy huh?) a guy i used to work with a LONG time ago, bumped into me at school and said we should go out sometime. I'm not quite sure how i feel about this. like, i'm excited.... but i dont really know what to expect. From my previous track record of guys, i guess i should expect a no show... (ha ha. jk!) but... i dunno. Guess we'll see.
1 comment:
gae read my face a few years ago. she told me i was right-handed (i'm a southpaw) and a handful of other thing that were about as specific as my daily horoscope.
it was an interesting experience nevertheless.
Post a Comment