I know i said i'm super busy (and i really am) but i thought this was INCREDIBLE and worth sacrificing a little bit of study time to share.Ok. It ALL begins with Jairo. Remember cute little Jairo? He would come into Walmart and tell me how beautiful i am and that he would marry me when he gets home from his mission, even though i'll be super old. remember? Ok. Let me start here.
A couple months after that conversation i volunteered at the Bishop's storehouse and GUESS WHO was volunteering there too? Yep. Cute little Jairo. (little as in, he's nineteen years old.) So, we work together and flirt. yadda yadda yadda, he asks what i'm doing that night and says there's a group date and he wants to take me. Awesome. But i worked til 8pm. I asked if that was a problem. He got sorta weird. (i'm not sure why...) I said if that didn't work, that was fine, but i really wanted to come. He said he'd find out when it was and call me. (but then he didn't attempt to get my number, so i wrote it down for him.) Then i went to work and STUPIDLY awaited a phone call.
As you can guess, he didn't call. I was really surprised cause we flirted the whole time i was there. ? Apparently, i don't understand boys. They only like you when you're really not interested in them, i guess. Anyway, my shift is over and i'm going to clock out and GUESS WHO walks by. Yep. Jairo.
I ask: "what are you doing here?" (he's in a suit and tie)
"I just finished and interview.Then i'm gonna go play soccer with some friends. What are you doing?"
"Just getting off work..."
"Cool. Well, see ya later."
"?" !!!
I've never been so confused in my LIFE. Did i COMPLETELY make up the whole, "HEY! we should go out tonight. You should be my date."??? Remember how you said that? Yeah, me too.
So, a week goes by. I dont see him. (he ususally comes into Walmart everyday and would come talk to me, maybe once a week, but, after that little incident, no more.) SO one night, i'm closing and i see him at Red Box. I say, "Hey! So, REMEMBER how you said you'd call me? How come you never did?" And i TOTALLY acted super casual, like it wasn't a big deal. Then, ha, he was like, "Oh, uh.. yeah, sorry. Did you want to hang out? We could out this weekend." I just smiled, shrugged my shoulders and kept walking.
I didn't hear from him again and he stopped coming into Walmart completely.
Whatever.
So, THEN, i see his BROTHER a few MONTHS later. We're friends so i feel comfortable telling him about the situation, like it's this funny story. (cause, it was) He was like, "WHAT!? I'm going to ask him what happened."
I didn't really care about the answer. I actually didn't even think he WOULD get back to me, but he did, a few weeks later. He came in one night to buy a few thing;, the store was really busy so i offered to ring him up in the Vision Center to save him some time. At this point, i had forgotten that i had talked to him about that earlier, so i was a little surprised when he brought it up. He said, "so i talked to Jairo about what he did. He said he had started dating someone."
Now wait a second. So, from the time he actually asked me out to the time he was supposed to pick me up after work (which was less then eight HOURS) he started dating SOMEONE ELSE? EXCLUSIVELY? and decided he couldn't take me out?!
That's amazing.
Truly.
Help a girl out though. Can you give her a call? "Hey, so i know i asked you out and all, but i found someone better. Yes. I know it's only been a few hours. It IS quite amazing. I'm sorry but you've got a GREAT personality." or something equally as AWESOME to say. Just let me know you're not coming. Be a man. A gentleman.
(Oh wait. You're nineteen. )
SO THEN! You may recall my diary entry about Seth. Where he asked me out and then was all weird when i said i couldn't on friday. (even though i was helping him come up with another day, which i DIDNT have to DO!) Anyway, remember this story?
Yeah. me too.
So, after that whole shenanigan happened, i stopped hearing from him. Whatever. I don't care. But then i see him at school the other day. I hit him with my scarf as i walked by and texted him on my way home. (don't worry, i WALK to school) I was bold and texted, "So, remember that time you asked me out and then were really weird about it and i never heard from you again. Ha. Yeah, me too." I really don't care but i wanted to give him a hard time about it. This was his response: (oh how i wish i still had the text to quote it verbatim.) Well, i can't take you out when i'm dating someone.
Ah ha ha HA! Wait, so within the FIVE MINUTES we were texting and YOU were asking ME out, you started dating, SOMEONE ELSE, and therefore couldn't take me out!? That, is, INCREDIBLE.
He was like, "Calm down. It wasn't someone new."
For ONE, i'm not upset. I'm LAUGHING at you and your RIDICULOUS excuse. And TWO, Uh, does that really make a difference that it wasn't someone new?
(the correct answer is, NO.)
I couldn't believe it. Really?
REALLY?
what are the right words to put here... ? I was so baffled. I didn't think this situation was very common but APPARENTLY it IS because it happened to me TWICE within like, four MONTHS or something. And because it's happened more than once, i had to ask. So i texted several guy friends and asked if they had started dating someone else in between taking out another girl they'd asked out. I had one guy out of ten, say he did. (and the person i least suspected...)
Do you see why i've concluded that the stars want me to be single right now? These things just keep on happening. I should write a book. Or a blog. Oh wait....
I'll keep ya posted if anything ELSE amazing happens. Ha!
2 comments:
Wow, that's pretty amazing. I know how you feel. Every time I think something good could happen with a guy they always go after the girl across the way and so on and so forth. I am sorry you are having to be single right now. Welcome, welcome to the club I'm the CEO!!
it really is a good thing that you keep a blog; you have some pretty crazy adventures. i'm glad you share them so we can laugh with you.
Post a Comment