- What did you do in 2009 that you've never done before?
I hiked to Havasupai. THAT was quite an adventure.
I also stayed on an Air Force Base.
- Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions?
I'm not HUGE into resolutions... so i don't usually make them. I'm all about making goals and doing better but i've never really set "New Years" ones. I've kept my goal of going to the temple every week. I've been doing that for almost a year and a half now. It's truly changed my life.
- What are you resolutions for 2010?
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Did anyone close to you die?
- What countries did you visit?
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- What was your biggest failure?
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
- What was the best thing you bought?
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
- Where did most of your money go?
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- What song will always remind you of 2009?
- Compared to this time last year, are you richer, happier or nicer?
- What do you wish you'd done more of?
- What do you wish you'd done less of?
- Did you fall in love in 2009?
- What was your favorite TV show?
- What was the best book you read this year?
- What did you want and get?
- What were your favorite films of the year?
- What were your least favorite films of the year?
- What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
- What one thing would've made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
- Who did you miss?
- Who was the best person (or people) you met last year?
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
- What are you most excited for in 2010?
- What are you least excited for?
- What's something you discovered that you didn't know existed before?
- Did you travel anywhere to visit anyone?
Again, i don't really make "New Years" resolutions, but this year... I'm changing my life. :)
Let's see.. I think about TEN of my friends had babies this year. It cost me a small fortune in baby gifts. And i have one more friend having one in two weeks. So yeah, LOTS of babies.
Nope.
I did not leave the country this year. I had plans to go to Germany and it was SUCH a good deal (only $400 from NYC) BUT, alas, it fell through.
Hiking ten miles with a 40lb pack and a cankle
Letting Satan "provoke me to fret" (1 Samuel 1)
I discovered I had degenerative arthritis in my ankle, but the cause of that was quite a long time ago. I also had quite a few DENTAL injuries.. (stupid teeth!)
I bought a new lap top
My dad..
My dentist
All the places i went this year
"Don't stop, believin!" (HOLD on to that feeeeelin!) --the Glee version
WAY happier. Prolly nicer too. But DEF not richer. (those teeth are KILLING me.)
hanging out with people, hiking, service, working out and reading.
fretting, complaining, and gossiping
Nope, but i sure tried.
The Office! The only TV show i've consistently watched, ever.
I didn't read much this year BUT i found a new love for the Bible. I've never really cared much for the Bible. I felt i didn't really relate to anything, etc, etc. But i guess i never really gave it a chance because i've found i relate to SO many things! Like, right now, sometimes i prefer reading over the BOM. (Don't tell!)
I really wanted a crock pot (so i can get better at cooking), a cute apron, and some Clinique Happy perfume.
I had to look and see what movies came out cause off the top of my head all i could think was, NONE. I didn't see a ton of movies, comparatively, but i did like "The Brother's Bloom", "New Moon", "Taken", "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince", "Avatar" and "Confessions of a Shopaholic". Ha.
Of all the ones i saw, there weren't necessarily any that i hated, but there were alot that i wanted to see but was VERY disappointed to read their ratings on http://www.kidsinmind.com/ and find out that they contained (even though it was sometimes very small) inappropriate material. It also makes my heart super sad that these movies were so popular, even among those who know how destructive they can be.
I don't remember much of what i did. I remember it snowed, which was a first. I went to lunch with my mom, amanda (my roommate) and jennifer (my cousin) at Rumbi Grill. I turned 27.
someone to kiss
Uh... classy. I try to shoot for classy anyway. I realize i miss sometimes but i try to dress nice, most of the time.
Jessica, Becky Hilton, Katie Bahr, Judy,Kip, Zhenya, my squishy
A TON of people from my ward! The entire Crabb Family, Steve Nordin, Ashley Dejong, Chelsea Stringer, Joel Finefeuiaki, Michelle Teschner, Brad Sheen, Brent Barthell. (i know i'm forgetting people but i've made alot of friends that i wouldn't have if i hadn't of moved to this ward.
Where do i begin? I learned that God knows us, loves us, and listens to our prayers. I learned that even though i wish there were another way to learn some things, trials can bring us closer to Heavenly Father. I learned that there's a HUGE difference between occassionally going to the temple and actually consistently worshiping there.I learned that hiking ten miles in Crocs was WAY better than hiking in tennis shoes.I learned alot more about how tricky and subtle satan is and how he NEVER gives up trying to lure us away from truth and happiness.I learned it's SO much better to fly with a carry on bag ONLY.I learned it's pointless to "fret" about things you can't do anything about. (although i still haven't figured out quite how to do that consistently but.. yeah.)(this list could go on forever so i'm just gonna stop...)
That this is a NEW YEAR and it's gonna be WAY BETTER than last year!
Having to wait another year to get into the Radiology program and paying off all my dental bills...
The Indian Palace (so good!), Sammy's (a cool little burger joint in provo), there's massages at the Utah College of Massage Therapy for only $12.50 at certain times, Joe's Cafe, That the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland turns into the Nightmare before Christmas during the holidays, the Tortilla Factory at California Adventure! and, that you can order sandwiches via computer at the WaWa.
I went to South Pasadena for Christmas and visited the Crabb family. I also flew to New Jersey and saw Jessica and Sergio, then Natalie and Mylie in NYC. I also went to California (again) to visit my brother and sister-in-law and go to Disneyland!
1 comment:
i like it. : )
Post a Comment