Saturday, January 31, 2009

All over the place

For little while there, i felt like i had so much time on my hands and nothing to fill it will. That is a depressing feeling. But, recently, i've felt that i just dont have ENOUGH time in the day to do all the things i want and need to do.

:)

So, this post is an attempt to catch up on a few things that have been going on.

This picture is outside the Rockafellar Center in New York City. I went there last year for my birthday, and never developed the pictures. This was taken with my infamous fisheye camera. It's kinda fun huh? It's a plastic camera that takes film and looks like a toy. Most of the fun of it is, you're not really sure what you're going to get. (you can't really look through the view finder) Most of the pictures don't turn out, but there's always one or two like this one, that turn out really cool and make it all worth it. So, i found a few rolls that i thought were all from that trip, but there was a roll from my trip to New York two years ago, and another roll from my trip to California with Becky and Jessica. So it was kind of a fun surprise to develop these and see all the things i got.

I've also been spending alot of time at the Orem Rec Center in an effort to keep weight off. I lost some weight recently, which is always cool, but now i'm worried about letting it SLOWLY pile back on, which is what always happens. (am i right?) I have a fun work out friend who's made it alot more bearable to go. We did lunges around the track on wedesnday (well, we were going to TRY and go around the track, but, uh, CRAZY IDEA. we could only do them half way around the curves. Ha ha. Someday though...) That activity proved to make us very sore for a couple of days afterward. But a good sore. :)

I've been taking guitar lessons and slowly but surely, am getting better. I can now play "free fallin" by Tom Petty. I'm working on the FreeCreditReport.com song, but, i'm having a hard time getting the finger picking thing down. This is alot harder than i thought it would be but it's good. I only get frustrated when the girl i'm learning with gets everything so easily, and i practice more than her! Ha. Oh well. it's ok. I love learning.

I also have expanded my movie knowledge by finally seeing "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" at movie night this week. How i've made it this long without seeing it, i don't know, but, it was worth it. I also saw a french movie, last week, called "The Dinner Guest" which was also worth seeing.

I've also grown my food experience. I went out to eat with some friends at an Indian restaraunt down on Center street in Provo. I thought i'd had Indian food before, but i think i may be mixing it up with Thai food. ? But, this was a fun little place, owned by an Indian family and the food was AMAZING! I wish i could tell you what i got, but i don't remember what it was called exactly. I know we had garlic pan (bread) and the dish was chicken takala (?) marsala, or something like that. But it was so good!

I also learned how to make these yummy chocolate cookies that are rolled in chopped up pecans and have chocolate gnoche on top. They were great for breakfast this morning. :)

K. Until next post, "BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER."

2 comments:

Becky said...

Brady was doing lunges the other day and it reminded me of the time my freshman friends and I did them all around the dorm "U" shaped hallway and we were all very sore for a few days after that. Yep, they work and you can feel it! Those chocolate cookies sounds tasty...but I still love your homemade oreos

--jeff * said...

i second the homemade oreos!

i like the fisheye picture, too. i think i've got a roll of film in my camera from my birthday at thai chili garden two and half years ago.

party on, dude.