Friday, September 19, 2008

The Summer of Josh

People are always asking how things are with Josh and I. I though it might be fun to start my
first official blog with some things we did together this summer.

Left: We hiked through "The Narrows" in Zions, which, I admittingly knew nothing about before we went there but it was REALLY fun when we went.

Below and to the right: I saw my life FLASH before my eyes (and cried a couple of times...) as we hiked "Angel's Landing" at Zions. Notice the large CLIFF located to my left.

We had a really good time while we were down there. We went the weekend before the 4th of July. The first day we hiked Angel's landing, which was quite the hard hike, if i do say so myself, and like the picture below shows, was really scary. Josh told me there were parts where you had to hold onto chains but, i really just had no idea what it would be like. At one point, there is an 800 ft cliff on one side and a 1000 ft cliff on the other. that part really scared me.
Soon, we got to this point. (Picture below) I thought we were finished. But notice the mountain behind Josh. The hike continued on down a sort of hill and then up to that hump and ended at the top, CHAINS the ENTIRE, WAY.
I just looked at it and cried. (ha)
Josh was very kind though and said we didnt have to go any further. So we ate our bananas and headed back down. :)

No comments: