Out in the middle-of-NOwhere, Idaho, is a place called, "The City of Rocks". (who knew?) Josh and I went there earlier this summer to do some adventuring, with his sisters. We drove up there one night after work and met his sisters. I made tinfoil dinners, cause i thought it'd be cool. (Hey! i like tinfoil dinners...) I tried to make them, like, amazing, but... they weren't. HA! Josh and I got up there early and picked a camping spot. Then he wanted me to drive back into town to make sure his sisters didn't get lost. "Uh... you want me to do what? I was supposed to be paying attention to how we got here? CRAP." Ha. So, he sent me off in his little silver car (and, i prayed) while he set up the tent and climbed Bath Rock. When we got back, we sat by the campfire and ate our, supposed-to-be-delicious-but-werent-really tinfoil dinners, while we talked and laughed. I told stories of a cart boy at Walmart named Tyler. (I'll have to dedicate a blog for a story of him sometime...)
Anyway, the next morning we got up and hiked Bath Rock. It was quite a feat! As you may remember from the previous post about Angel's landing, i seem to be afraid of heights. I thought this wouldn't be as bad, but, when we got half way up and had to free climb, the tears started to come... But, Josh was so kind and helped me make it to the top. (Cheesy moment: I really felt he loved me when he was trying to help me to the top. It was really hard for me and scary, but, he told me to trust him, and i did, and we made it! I'm glad I'm dating him.) After making it to the top of this rock (that was probably, 80 ft ? tall) the other rocks seemed a piece of cake. The more we climbed, the braver we all got. (WHY did we have to start off with the giant scary one first!?) The rock is granite, and pretty grippy, so it was easy to free climb anything. As you can see from the picture, it really looked like a city of rocks.
Anyway, fun was had by all on our adventure with rocks. We went back and had a snack and then headed back home. :)
1 comment:
i love tin foil dinners.
Post a Comment