Friday, December 31, 2010

it's the end of the year..

Even though i'm actually writing this post today, Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, i started the post on New Year's Eve because i wanted it to go in the 2010 posts. I did that because it will be about the end of the year 2010.

Well, that was a mouthful. Ha

I'm posting today at my mother's house as i babysit my grandma. I haven't been very good at writing lately because i haven't had much spare time. But now that i'm here and my grandma is still sleeping, i figured i would get on and update a little. Because i'm here though, i don't have access to my pictures and thus will have to post them later.

This is sorta like a journal entry. So there's going to be alot in here. It may be boring. But, then again, you don't have to keep reading. :)

Tuesday, December 21st

i owe more ice cream. i'll just leave it at that. ha

Thursday, December 23rd

i took a red eye to NYC to see jessica for christmas. this was QUITE an adventure. When i got to the airport and went through security, they wouldn't let me through. I had gotten jessica and her friends some body wash from bath and body works. I forgot about their 3 oz rule (well, actually, i remembered but that's why i didnt get body spray. I didnt even think about body wash, cause i'm a dummy). The guys were really cool though. They were like, "this is alot of money to throw away so we'd suggest to check your bag." I don't like to check bags but decided to to avoid throwing away $65 dollars worth of body wash. When i went to check the bag, i found out they didnt open for another HOUR and a HALF. So i waited and then had to go through security AGAIN. I had more trouble when i went the second time, because one of the guys wanted me to do the "randomly selected ultra scan" which i had done the first time (i even had to get patted down because they noticed a small "lump" in my front pocket.. it was cash security people... sheesh.). The security guy from before told me i didn't have to do it again, so when i moved over to go through the regular metal detector, the NEW security guy told me that by refusing to do it, i would have to do a full body, THOUROUGH pat down. he wouldn't listen when i said the other guy told me i didn't need to go through. Finally they communicated with each other and let me by.

Oh. My. Gosh.

Can i just say that i LOVE JetBlue? If i ever have a chance to fly with them, i do. You get your own TV with FREE cable, the ENTIRE flight. And because it was christmas, they let us watch any of the movies for FREE-ninety-nine! I turned it on "Inception" and then "Despicable me", (though i sorta slept through most of them, because it was afterall, a red eye).

Friday, December 24th

I landed at JFK in NYC around 5:45 am. I had to wait for my bag, because i had to check it, which is WHY i don't like to check bags... i don't like to wait... So jessica had to wait outside alot longer than expected. We stopped at IHOP on the way home and ate breakfast. It was SO good. I was nodding off all the way home, so she let me sleep while she worked out and went grocery shopping. It felt like she'd been gone only a minute, when she was harassing me to get up and get ready so we could go ice skating in New York City.

We put on everything we OWNED because we knew it was going to be so cold! and it was! We went with some of her military friends. One girl who reminded me alot of Tiny Fey and a lesbian couple, which, i have nothing nice to say about so i won't say anything... We met them at Hamilton train station. It's about a 2 hour train ride into Penn Station in New York City.

**side note. I realize i have random capitalization rules... just roll with it.

It was LUCKY i was with them when we got there because NONE of them know how to get around New York, even though they all go there atleast once a month... ??? I helped them all get subway tickets and got us around the city.

We first stopped at the famous Rockafeller Center and saw the christmas tree. We wanted to go ice skating there but it didn't look like we could at the time so we tried to venture to Central Park to skate. We stopped here and there to do some shopping on the way. By the time we made it to Central Park, it was about 6pm and they closed at 7pm. Which was fine, but it was $21.25 to skate and i didn't really want to skate THAT much, even though it would be cool to say i've ice skated in Central Park...

We decided to keep shopping for a little bit and then head home. We stopped at FAO Schwartz and Toys R Us, some local street vendors, ate some pizza, got hot chocolate, went to the USO and took some photos (although, not quite in that order..). It was good times. Then we went back to Penn Station to take the train home. I was excited to go to bed and sleep all the next day. For tomorrow was Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the lesbian couple sentence made me laugh AND i'm still upset about the ice skating. i'll never get over it, ever.

jess

The Former 786 said...

I used to take that same Red Eye when my mom worked for JetBlue. Good times. And it sounds like you had a lot of fun. I'm jealous. I never get to hang out with Tina Fey-like people.

Sleeping through Inception, though? That's gotta be some sort of irony.