
I believe, everyone has a card on their forehead. We can't see what the card says but we're trying to figure it out. Keep in mind, it'll say different things to different people. Let me explain. To figure it what is on someone's card, you must get to know them by spending time with them, aka dating. During the course of said dates, you will soon come to find out if they are a "right" or a "wrong", for you. If they are "right", SUPER; You're done with this stupid dating game and can move ON with life. (The ultimate goal we all are seeking) If it's a "wrong" though...
NEXT!
Making it to twenty-eight and still managing to be single, you can imagine that i've turned over my share of "wrong" cards. I guess to be fair though, i've also BEEN a "wrong" card many times as well. Where oh WHERE are you Mr RIGHT card!?
The search goes on. Though, this last weekend, i needed a break from dating, so i called and cancelled all my dates. But, "why would you need a break from dating?", you ask. Don't you always complain about NOT going out on dates?
Let me tell you a story.
:/
If i were to write a book about this summer, i'd call it, "Adventures in dating". I've never been much of a dater. Going YEARS without dates before, i'd come accustomed to the idea of being single. Here and there i'd have a seroius boyfriend, but clearly, those never amounted to much. The whole time i was in the sunset heights ward, i went out a few times, but mostly as a fill-in and not as a "i-want-to-know-if-your-card-says-RIGHT-on-it". It's ok though. I'd finally accepted it and decided that i would work hard to become the next Sheri Dew. (i LOVE her!) But then i moved to the Branbury and my whole dating world turned upside down. (literally)
I've.... never had so many dates in my LIFE!
I don't know how to play this game though. I've played the part of "single-girl" or "devoted-girlfriend" far to many times. I have no idea how one plays "casual dater"!?
At first it was weird, but after a little while i thought, i LIKE this game! A girl could get used to this! Plans every night; Lots of attention; no commitment. It's a pretty sweet deal.
But what about when they want to be exclusive?
Oh crap. Here's where the mess begins.
these are the players. here we go.
**i've changed the names of the boys so only i know... **
buzz
spikee
beaker
sparky
scott
itallian stallion
shorty
pearls
bullwinkle
luke
(to be continued...)
4 comments:
i like this post. not necessarily that part about where things aren't working out for you and people think you have the "wong" card on you head, but i like the writing and the style and, amidst the frustration, the tone of whimsy also woven through it.
i also like code names for dates and potentials.
bullwinkle.. :)
jess
I vote beaker..... . meeeeeemeemememeeee
The post was great, I like the analogy of the cards, but now I can't stop giggling about Jeff saying "the 'wong' card."
I'm so immature.
Post a Comment