I decided to stay living in the same complex. I don't LOVE the management team here BUTT i do feel like i'm supposed to stay. So, i am.
The rooms here aren't the largest (and i'm paying extra for the 'larger' room) so i decided to head up to Ikea and get a loft bed. (This is me trying on to laugh) The bed was so huge, we had to have it sticking out Shayla's window on
We got home and i started the task of putting it together. It was quite the feat. I actually managed okay on my own (later with some help from shayla. --i liked the ikea directions. They had a picture with a guy holding all the stuff by himself and a frowny face. The picture is crossed out with a giant X. Then the other picture has two people, holding all the stuff equally and they are smiling. Looks like ikea agrees that things are best done in pairs.)
THEN! a snag! BLAST!
So.. i don't really like asking for help, LEAST of all, asking boys. I kinda just want to do things on my own, merely for the pride of saying i did it by myself. (man, i sound like one of those little kids. "LEMME DO IT!" --thank you stuart...) anyway, putting this bed together, you had to put pole A into pole B. Pole B wasn't perfectly round though. And as we learned in elementary school, a circle that's flat on one side won't fit over a round circle. HOW DO YOU FIX THIS!?
SO! i did what i never do, and i called my home teacher. Ha. He fixed it in a JIFFY. AND, he just finished putting the rest together. No charge! (Why is that so attractive to me? A man coming in and putting something together. I dont know what it was, but it was HOT.)
Ha. Anyway, So now i have LOADS of room. I have this little "oasis" (as robert called it) underneath my bed. It's fun to be under here.. (it'll be WAY COOLER once i get all this stuff gone through and taken to DI or something. When oh when will i have time for something like THAT!?)
So i'll be here for another year. Let's see what this year brings.
4 comments:
i'm jealous that you have a fort under your bed (call it an oasis if you want, but it's a ready-made fort...)
and i'm glad you got appreciate the joy of over-packing your car with ikea furniture. : )
while i do like the maxim that furniture assembly (and life) is best done in pairs, i'm equally amused by the picture of the same guy who is troubled but then calls ikea and is then happy.
(and points for calling over your hometeacher; it's nice to get calls to help)
and i dig the picture of the rear-view mirror.
good luck with your new year there. way to make the best of it already. : )
i want to see pictures! it sounds so awesome. and heck yes you need to make some epic forts under there!!
I'd like to take a moment to summarize this post, by only listing the words in all caps:
LOVE BUTT
WIDE LOAD
THEN! BLAST!
LEAST
LEMME DO IT!
HOW DO YOU FIX THIS!?
SO! JIFFY. AND HOT
LOADS WAY COOLER
THAT
I want to see a picture of the finished product! I don't know what a "loft bed" looks like:)
Post a Comment