Thursday, July 15, 2010

Silver Lake

Another week, another hike. Last week, we went up to Silver Lake. I'd heard of this hike but never knew where it was. (For the rest of you that don't know either, it's up AF canyon.) A LONG way up. While we were driving (and driving and driving) tim said, "there IS actual hiking on this trip, right?".
This is about half way up. The picture below is the posed photo. This one is a bit more candid.. What am i doing? I'm holding my baby of course. Ha

(L to R) Elise, Elisa (procounced Alisa. "it's german.") Lincoln, Tim, Ashley, Steve, ME. Photo taken by David.

(all photos are courtesy of Lincoln. Thankyou!)
While i do like to hike, i am a little slower... than most people. I am always the caboose of the train. This is me making a face while i rest mid-hike and Lincoln is patiently waiting.

Another mid-hike shot. (L to R) Jaime, Elise, Elise, Lincoln, David, Tim, Ashley

Mystery of mysteries. These pictures are upright in my picture folder... but every time i tried to load them on here, it would flip them upside down. I dont get it...

These were right before we headed back down...

The beautiful lake. When we got there Tim and David jumped right in. I hiked around to the other side alone; David joined later. I kept looking at the water and thinking "I can't jump in there.. Have you SEEN 'what lies beneath'!? There's probably some DEAD girl in there..". I was freaking myself out when i was by myself.
Also, i thought to myself, "this is SO beautiful over here! But it's not as fun when you are alone. I wonder if this is why God created Eve for Adam?".
Anyway, it was really fun. David and i were the only ones that got to experience the waterfall and slide down the snow on the other side. (he took a video of me, but i'm sure i'll never see it cause i'll probably never see him again. But it was recorded. I went bum-sledding in the middle of July. It's true.) When we came back around, David, Lincoln, Steve and i all jumped in the lake. It, as can be expected, was C O L D.
Here's another mystery picture. I dont get why it DOES this!? But this was me freezing after jumping in the lake.

After the hike, we like to go get frozen yogurt from Maverick (or as some of my friends say, "the mav") But on the way there, the other car recided it'd be more fun to stop at the "Purple Turtle" instead. Good times were had as we shared some tater tots and got burgers and shakes.
I like this game.

1 comment:

The Former 786 said...

Looks like a blast! I need to go hiking more often. I actually like it when I do go, but it takes a lot of convincing to actually get me there.