Sunday, October 17, 2010

Quick run down

I've been thinking alot lately and needing to write and update.. but anytime i've had a moment, i either don't want to write or feel blank... So i don't. I don't really have anything profound or witty to say right now, but i thought i'd upload some photos. They're always fun to look at. More so than reading an actual post sometimes, eh? ;)

When i lived at Centennial, we build a fort and watched General Conference in it. We invited some boys over and made breakfast. It was so fun! So i suggested it to my roommates this semester and they thought it would be fun too. I built the fort and made crepes. We invited Daker (top) and Wesley (bottom right) over. Jessica was here from Jersey (YEA!!!) and Susan's (my roommate) brother, jonathan came too. It was really fun.

Daker brought me tulips, which are my favorite. We've been dating for a few weeks. He's really nice to me. And... dun, dun, DUN! He's shorter than me... GASP! :) But he's cute, so, whatever.

I... wanted to try something new... so i cut bangs. They're super cute right? But they only looked great this one day. I've been cursing myself EVER SINCE for cutting them.. :)

Jessica flew in from Jersey and Jeff flew in from Texas for General Conference. Jeff usually gets tickets and is so kind to share them with the less fortunate (aka, the Peterson sisters..) Saturday, he took Jessica to the morning session and i watched in the Tabernacle. Then we met up and went to lunch at this local German place. Jeff likes to go out to eat international. I love to try new things so i was down. I had my first weinerschnitzle (which i always thought was a weiner, or hot dog, but learned it's just flattened, fried meat. who knew?) and hot potato salad. It was.. interesting. :)

I liked this one. She's trying to hide her face, but it looks like she's flipping us off or something.

Jeff enjoying his sausages.

Just finishing up and heading back to Conference. Jeff and i were going to the session while Jessica took her turn watching in the Tabernacle. But Jeff discovered he had a couple extra tickets, so Jessica invited a new member she met on her plane ride here, from Africa. (way to be a missionary :)

This picture is by request, for Micah. This is my loft bed. You'll notice it looks like a bunk bed, but there's no bed on the bottom. It's a full size mattress, as opposed to a twin. Underneath, i have a make shift desk with my lap top. I actually have a REAL desk in the corner, but my ethernet cord doesnt reach that far... thus, the makeshift desk.. I love the bed. It gives me SO MUCH more room.. and i love my little cove up top. I only have two feet above me so i can't sit up, but i don't mind. I love it up there :) My own little sanctuary.

I bought these 50's dresses earlier this year. Today i felt like trying something new. I've always wanted to do 50's hair but never really knew how. so i tried today. It was fun.


K k. Until next time..

Be excellent to each other!

4 comments:

--jeff * said...

1. the feast of the tabernacles was awesome! i'm so happy that you brought back the tradition. : )

2. i'm so stealing that picture of jess from your blog.

3. major points for trying your new fifties hairstyle. brooke was really into (and really good!) at that about this time last year. very cool. i don't think i would have recognized you in that first picture...

4. be excellent to each other. : )

Brooke said...

I totally loved the hair, btw. I meant to tell you, but somehow it slipped my mind! It was stunning! If you would like more ideas, I have a book that's full of them. I still do mine occassionally, but have kinda gotten out of the habit lately. I want to pick it back up, but I just haven't had time!

Micah said...

love the loft bed - thanks for posting!

The Former 786 said...

Like the hair, like the food, like the fun.

Party on, dudes!